• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Consolodated Equipment list posted

I hope to have v .6 up tonight.

I made a bunch of format changes so this one should print better.
There are entries from about 5 more books in it this time.

Also please if you see an error tell me about it. I know there are spelling errors in it since a lot of it was scaned in at the beginning.

Originally posted by Jame:
I like it, Tanuki. Did you try to get everything in Traveller's equipment lists?
Peter's the one doing the equipment list. :cool:

Yes, he's trying to incorporate every piece of equipment detailed in the various incarnations of Traveller books.

Originally posted by PVernon:
Kaldorn said he would send me the info from it. But thanks for the thought.
Haven't forgot you either PV.... just had some stuff going on. Will get this done for you soon as feasible. E-kick me (kaladorn at magma dot ca) if you don't see it by the end of the week.

Hi all,
I am about to resort the equipment speadsheet for a new vesion. Any typos that anyone would like to report?

"Outstanding work..."
-Vilani Trader Times

"A must-have for any ship's library!"
-Detached, not Dead Magazine

"I like all the pretty colors."
-Grrhuffnfuffle Gazette

"Simply the best darned equipment list in charted space!"
-Pantera Tanzer, Hunter/Guide/Outfitter

I have sent to Brook the new version (v .7) And he should have it posted to my page by the end of the weekend. :D

In this version I have done some reorganization and a mass spell check. I have been going back and getting all of the vehicles and weapons from the sources that I had originaly used. I am now going through JTAS 13 - 24 then MT, and all of the TNE, T4, and T20 books. As always if you see a typo or scaner artifact please let me know so I can correct it.

Also in this version I have added a weight in pounds column for the GURPS types and eventualy I will have a columns for both CT and GT prices.

We have also discovered that if you print the list out and tell Acrobat to "shrink oversized images to paper size" it will print on "letter" size paper and still be readable.

Enjoy! :D

Thank you Brook! :D :D

I have been adding guns and vehicles from T20 and TNE to the list. It looks like adding the guns and vehicles from all of the versions will about double the size of the list in the end. type....type....type....type....

Suggestion: For version 8, it would be nice if you could figure out how to get the print-to-pdf to include the column headers at the top of each page.

If you are doing a GT equipment list, Ground Forces has a large, consolidated list of useful equipment which I would add before any of the other books.

Brook suggested the same thing. At the moment the column headers are only on the first line of each of the speadsheets. I am planning to incorperate the column headers into the Header so it will print on each page. It's kind of fiddly so I have been putting it off.

Thanks for the tip about Ground Forces.

To all who care,
I have posted the next version of the equipment list. This is version 0.71.
Have Fun!

(edit) OOPS I should have said what changed.
Version 0.71
Added under vehicals columns for cubic meters,Dtons, and Vol.from T20.
Column headers now print on all pages.
Added stuff from:
T20: TA3, TA6
CT: SUSAG, The Underwater Enviroment, BeltStrike
CT: Went back and entered weapon and Vehicle data
from Misc JTAS 13 - 24
MT: Went back and entered weapon and Vehicle data
from the Imperial Encylopedia
T20: Went back and entered weapon and Vehicle data
From The Traveller's Handbook
TNE: Went back and entered weapon and Vehicle data
From Traveller The New Era

Thanks Pvernon and tanuki,
you help make learning a new game easier.
all the equipment will come in handy
Wa11eye :D

Any news on the latest version?

For that matter, is there any reason why Challenge issues are being disregarded as a source for equipment? Don't they count as "canon" or something? Just puzzled...

Originally posted by daibaka:
Any news on the latest version?

For that matter, is there any reason why Challenge issues are being disregarded as a source for equipment? Don't they count as "canon" or something? Just puzzled...
Challenge Issues? Ahh.. Because I only have 3 or 4 issues. Far Future Enterprises JTAS Vol 3 is due out any day, and as soon as I get my hands on it I will get them into the list.

I just have a question/suggestion. is this list organized by book? that would really help me out. I can't seem, (or maybe it's just this crappy machine) to find much from The Classic Books 0-8, which is the basis of my campaign.

Endersig,
HI, look for the light green references, they are all CT. The form is <book> <page number> with a color code as to which version of Traveller the reference come from (see first page for the code). But a lot of the equipment from later editions of Traveller are usable with CT, indeed most of the equipment was first described in a CT book or supplement first. This of course does not include vehicals or guns because most of the other versions of Traveller has design sequences for these items and they each tend to be a little difforent.

Back