• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Ct CDROM issues

My son pointed out today while trying to make a vargr PC that page 16 and 28 appear to be missing from AM3 module on our disk.

I think I'll start rummaging through and see if I notice any other issues.

yes one of the pages is missing from the Exotic Atmospheres Supplement, pg 5 IIRC.

One of the guys on the bbs scanned it for me and I added it to my PDF.

there's probably others.

yes one of the pages is missing from the Exotic Atmospheres Supplement, pg 5 IIRC.

there's probably others.

Missing on my copy as well. Adding it to the list.

Has anyone already compiled a list of missing pages for Marc on the CT CDROM?

Missing on my copy as well. Adding it to the list.

Has anyone already compiled a list of missing pages for Marc on the CT CDROM?

I vaguely recall some of us starting that here. I think we wanted the topic stickied too but it might have been during Hunter's troubles. Then it kind of went quiet.

FWIW I was the one scanned the missing Atmo page. I tried uploading it to the files area but that was wonky at the time so I'm not sure it worked in the end. I kind of remember it not working is why I emailed it to Gadrin, iirc.

there's probably others.

Do I understand you were able to insert pages directly into the Far Future PDF's? Presumably that was using the full on Acrobat product?

Do I understand you were able to insert pages directly into the Far Future PDF's? Presumably that was using the full on Acrobat product?

No I just have the page as a .PNG file so that I can print it out and have a paper copy.

I have the full Adobe Distiller package from v5 (I think the current one is v8 or v9 now, maybe v10) but I can't seem to remember the key for it and was unable to install it.

I'm tempted to buy an OEM version and use that to make pdfs.

Foo Labs has some command line tools which could be useful in working with PDFs

http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/

You can use their tools to extract text and keep the formatting.

If I purchase the CD-ROM in the future is there an initiative here to allow me to get proper scans of the less-than-adequate items? Failing that, I guess I'd have to shell out for the hardcopies. :(

Today I just received my CT CD-ROM and am going through the pdf's.
However, I was unable to access S11, S12 and S13 because of a faulty disk.
(It keeps stating "cyclic redundancy error", whatever that means...) :confused:

Is anyone here aware of a contact email for farfuture and/or M. Miller?

Today I just received my CT CD-ROM and am going through the pdf's.
However, I was unable to access S11, S12 and S13 because of a faulty disk.
(It keeps stating "cyclic redundancy error", whatever that means...) :confused:

Is anyone here aware of a contact email for farfuture and/or M. Miller?

You might also attempt to access them on another computer, just to be sure.

>

Right,
So I still have scans of Double Adventure 01 and Adventure 10 posted on my secure picture gallery, I sent Marc the password to view them and see if they were what he needed, but as yet have not heard back.

I heard rumblings in another thread that someone may be spearheading a move to fix the files, so if that is you, please shoot me off a PM if you and Marc are interested in my scans.

S13 Vetrans

I can not access Supplement 13 Vetrans. It says that it can not find it. Is there a way to correct this and make a new CD? Any help will be appreciated.

Quick and easy thing to try is accessing the file directly. Pop the CD in the drive, go to "My Computer" and find the CD, open it with Explorer and go through the files to the one you want (S13 in this case) and see if it'll open there.

It should work, usually does. It's usually the case that the only thing wrong is the catalog on the disc is mislabeled and can't find the file, but the file is still there.

If that doesn't work drop Marc an email and he'll probably send you a new CD.

If it does work you can do what most of us have and copy all the files to your hard drive and access them there (I actually put mine on a cheap 1GB thumb drive, a Kingston Data-Traveler in fact :) (ok, so they spelled Traveller wrong, I forgive them).

I still need to set it up so I can do a global search on all the files.

Last edited:
Issues I've seen on my copy (purchased October 2007, I think).

There are numerous cases of pages inverted, which is usually only a minor annoyance.

There are also numerous cases where pages are offset in their spreads, so if you're trying to print out two half-size pages onto one sheet, you get the recto on the left and the verso on the right, which is a problem for two-page character generation spreads, for example. But still, not a big deal.

Specific issues:

• Book 8, Robots, is scanned at too low a resolution, but is still readable.
  • Special Supplement 2, Exotic Atmospheres, is missing p.5 (but I have that on paper).
  • The Atlas of the Imperium should be scanned at a higher resolution, since it's such small printing. But it's usable. I also have that on paper (one of my prized possessions back in the day).
  • The map/board for the game Imperium is unusable, because it's so low a resolution you can't read any names on it, which are important for gameplay. I think I saw someone mention having two links: one to the charts and maps of the Imperium game, and one to the rules, but my cd just has the one link for the whole game. I'd love to get a usable scan of the mapboard if anyone has the original game and is willing to do that.

There are two or three other places where large maps are scanned at too low a resolution, but usually those are just more copies of the Spinward Marches map, and there are lots of versions of that on the cd, and of course on the glorious travellermap.com.

Marc Miller says he's going to improve the scans in general, but T5 comes first.

I can not access Supplement 13 Vetrans. It says that it can not find it. Is there a way to correct this and make a new CD? Any help will be appreciated.

The link on my CD doesn't work either. Here's the problem: The link goes to
file:///E:/CT%20S13%20Supplement%2013%20Veterans.pdfCT%20SS1%20Special%20Supplement%201%20Merchant%20Prince.pdf
or with spaces
file:///E:/CT S13 Supplement 13 Veterans.pdfCT SS1 Special Supplement 1 Merchant Prince.pdf
(if the CD is in the E drive)

If you're using your browser to look at these, all you have to do is go up to the address bar and delete the duplicated section of the filename, which is just a copy-paste error on the index. Delete everything after the first ".pdf".

It'll end up with
file:///E:/CT%20S13%20Supplement%2013%20Veterans.pdf
or
file:///E:/CT S13 Supplement 13 Veterans.pdf

Hit return from the address bar and you're there. Making your own files on the harddisk is better, though. Then you can manipulate them.

Scouts Page 31 Available?

Is there a place to download page 31 from Scouts for the present? I found the page missing from The Droyne, but didn't see anything for Scouts in the downloads.

Can't recall if it got posted by Marc on his site or not. If nothing pops up and nobody beats me to it I'll scan and upload it here later.

Update: Having issues getting this set up :( Will try again tomorrow.

LBB6 pg 31

Thanks! It looks better than the original book scan on the CD.

The fixing of which is part of what this thread's about, of course. ;)

Back