• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Ct CDROM issues

Which Marc mentioned last week should be next on his pile. So I'm gathering any "fixed" pieces that people have posted here and there...

Love the CT CD but I have some corrupt files on it

Help.

Supplement 1-6 are unreadable on my CD.

Can I send the CD back and get another one.
OR
Can you let me down load the Supplements that I can't read.

Thanks for making the CDs for JTAS and CT.

Even though I have several hard copies of each, this allows me to not have to crack them open everytime I want to look up something.

Dave Chase

Help.

Supplement 1-6 are unreadable on my CD.

Can I send the CD back and get another one.
OR
Can you let me down load the Supplements that I can't read.

Thanks for making the CDs for JTAS and CT.

Even though I have several hard copies of each, this allows me to not have to crack them open everytime I want to look up something.

Dave Chase

2 or 3 pdf's on my CT disk were unreadable, so Marc was kewl and sent me another one. :)

should my CD interests be thwarted?

I would love to get ahold of the aforementioned CD for Classic Traveller but it seems to be having a lot of problems! It is nice to see that the problems have been adressed, but I am wondering when I should bite?

Rock Seller at Glisten Space Port!

I would love to get ahold of the aforementioned CD for Classic Traveller but it seems to be having a lot of problems! It is nice to see that the problems have been adressed, but I am wondering when I should bite?

As an owner, I'd say there's a number of little problems. It looks like a couple of folks have had individual CDs with frotzed files on them here. There's also a file for which the link in the index is (or was) incorrect.

As a whole the disk is a treasure trove.

Well, when you find out let us all know, 'cause I'd like a corrected version...hopefully at a reduced price for those of us that have it already. ;) It would really suck space-balls if we had to shell out another 35 USD all over again. :mad:

Perhaps a different approach

Are these CD's available? Where might I find the latest Version?

And WTF is up with crappy scanned watermarked PDF's of traveller books for sale at "drive by shooting rpg.org"??? did they get a liscense or something?

Rock seller at Glisten Spaceport!:smirk:

Are these CD's available? Where might I find the latest Version?

Far Future Enterprises direct from Marc Miller himself. I just got my JTAS CD today (it's very shiney :D I sense much distraction in the near future... )

And WTF is up with crappy scanned watermarked PDF's of traveller books for sale at "drive by shooting rpg.org"??? did they get a liscense or something?

Do you mean DriveThrurpg.com? Yep, they have permissions afaik and have had for a while. Didn't realize the scans were poor and watermarked though. Istr hearing they were good. Or is that just the sample pages? If it's some other site (other than DTRPG's sister site) I'd be suspicious.

The DTRPG scans are decent enough; I bought mine before Marc released the MT CD. The OCR, as with most of DTRPG's OCR, sucks badly.

Last edited:
kinunir book/pdf

could someone send me or post 4 missing pages for me? I am in the middle of a project and I am missing pages 19 tru 22. "the two center pages that fall out of the LBB's

Thank you

Selling rocks at Glisten Spaceport!:smirk:

email deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
could someone send me or post 4 missing pages for me? I am in the middle of a project and I am missing pages 19 tru 22. "the two center pages that fall out of the LBB's

Thank you

Selling rocks at Glisten Spaceport!:smirk:

[b]DELETED EMAIL[/b]

It is against board rules to solicit copyrighted material. I gave you a warning already, and you did the same thing... Not a good idea.

If something is missing from your PDF, or CD, then contact Marc. Otherwise, don't use this board to solicit pirated materials.

Last edited:
I am sorry!

I was unaware and I could not find my first response to receive this warning. I will not do it again.

How may I get in touch with Marc?

Thank you!

As an owner, I'd say there's a number of little problems. It looks like a couple of folks have had individual CDs with frotzed files on them here. There's also a file for which the link in the index is (or was) incorrect.

As a whole the disk is a treasure trove.

And, speaking for Marc for just a moment, fixing the CT CD-ROM is very high on his list. High enough that I've seen his "fixed" list. I don't have a date for availability yet, but that might be due to my making him promise never to mention another date...

Last edited:
Great News

That's fantastic! I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm still working through the JTAS CD, too. I lost track of one file I was keeping with issues, so I'm having to go back through again...and I just can't resist reading while I go. ;)

I'll keep posting in the other thread as I go--I was offline for a while over the holidays. So I kept a file on disk. Holiday brain strikes again, no idea where I put it. Shucks, guess I gotta go look at those issues of JTAS and Challenge again. :)

I just want everyone to know that the CT CD is perfect in everyway except for those pesky errors lol. I mean all that CT goodness on one disk what in the world was MWM thinking sheesh. OK the disk has my great big thumbs up but yes we should continue with error checking. CT is something that should be preserved for all time as the game has defined an RPG what Sci-FI gaming should be. And on another note all the CT LBB's should all be corrected of any errors and reprinted error free in LBB format. OK I dont think that last part will happen but it would be major coolness wouldnt it.

CD Errata

First, the CD is awesome and we owe Marc Miller many thanks for making it available to Traveller fans! I received my disk about a week ago and spent much of last weekend looking through all the files. I sent the following list of errata to Marc, who responded within an hour to say thank you, and that he's currently working on fixes that will be offered to everyone with a CT CD ROM. The CD is over 95% perfect. Here's all the errata I noticed:

Some scans are blurry with effects ranging from eyestrain to unreadable maps, unreadable deck plan numbers, unreadable italics, and difficulty distinguishing B, 8, and 6 in character profiles.
It’s possible that pages listed here as missing are actually blank pages that were therefore not scanned, so confirmations appreciated.

Traveller Starter Edition: blurry, p.8 inverted.
Book 0 Introduction to Traveller: blurry, p.10 inverted.
Book 6 Scouts: blurry, p.30 repeated, p.31 missing, p.52 inverted.
Book 7 Merchant Prince: p.4 inverted.
Book 8 Robots: blurry
Adventure 0 Imperial Fringe Sector Map: approximately 75% of the map appears overexposed, but entirely readable.
Adventure 2 Research Station Gamma: blurry, p.7 map unreadable.
Adventure 10 Safari Ship: blurry, p.15 map unreadable, p.24 deck plan numbers unreadable, p.25 inverted and deck plan numbers unreadable and crew stats unreadable, p.48 map unreadable. (I have an original copy of this adventure, so will try to post the map text, deck plan numbers and crew stats separately.)
Adventure 11 Murder on Arcturus Station: blurry, p.11 some numbers unreadable, character stats with values of 6, 8, or B are sometimes indistinguishable.
Alien Module 3 Vargr: only two un-numbered pages between p.13 and p.17 (perhaps a missing page?), p.20 repeated, p.28 missing, p.46 blurry in places.
Alien Module 4 Zhodani: pp.23-24 repeated, p.42 missing.
Alien Module 7 Hivers: p.45 inverted.
Alien Module 8 Darriens: p.32 repeated.
Double Adventure 2b Mission on Mithril: p.6 missing (appears to be inserted between p.9 and p.10, but I don’t have an original copy to confirm).
Double Adventure 4a Marooned: pp. 24-25 map text written over blue background is unreadable, but can be guessed.
Double Adventure 4b Marooned Alone: same as 4a (pp. 24-25 map text written over blue background is unreadable, but can be guessed).
Double Adventure 6b Night of Conquest: p.13 inverted.
Game 0 Imperium Complete: Rule Book p.3 map unreadable (but appears to be similar enough to the Game 00d Imperial Map Expanded file that it may be used as a substitute), History of the Imperium p.2 and p.3 swapped, Color Imperium Map unreadable (but appears to be similar enough to the Game 00d Imperial Map Expanded file that it may be used as a substitute).
Game 05b Invasion Earth Charts and Counters: symbol column on the charts makes no sense.
Module 3 Spinward Marches Campaign: p.14 presented sideways.
Module 4 Alien Realms: p.32 repeated.
Module 5 Atlas of the Imperium: pp.4-37 page order reversed.
Supplement 5 Azhanti High Lightning: deck plan numbers are unreadable (any help available for this?).
Supplement 13 Veterans: p.34 missing, p.38 missing.

Hope this helps. I highly recommend this CD.

Adv 10 Safari Ship Deck Plans

Adventure 10 Safari Ship deck plans are a blurry scan, but the following information should make them usable:

Deck Plan numbers for p.24 Winged Upper Deck: I’ve labeled the deck plan grid rows A through M (top to bottom of the area between the two Fuel Tanks, omitting I). The deck plan numbers are visible, but not readable. The numbers for each grid row appear from left to right as follows:

A: 1, 2, 3
B: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
D: 9
E: 12, 10
F: 11
H: 13, 14
J: 15
K: 16
L: 17, 18, 19, 20

The scientific name in italics for the Leaping Snowcat is (Thalailurus uncia).

Deck Plan numbers for p.25 Lower Deck: I’ve labeled the deck plan grid rows A through P (top to bottom of the area between the two Fuel Tanks, omitting I and O). The deck plan numbers are visible, but not readable. The numbers for each grid row appear from left to right as follows:

B: 1, 2
E: 3
K: 4 (between the Air Lock Iris Valves)
N: 5, 6

The Crew stats are as follows:

Pilot ex-Scout 87ABB7
Salary: Cr6,900 3 terms age 37
pilot-3, rifle-1, air/raft-1, vacc suit-1,
navigation-1

Navigator ex-Navy Lt. 5789B6
Salary: Cr5,750 2 terms age 29
gunnery-1, computer-1, ship’s boat-1,
vacc suit-0, navigation-2

Engineer ex-Merchant 2nd 796988
Salary: Cr4,600 3 terms age 36
engineer-3, jack of all trades-1, bribery-1,
vacc suit-1, carbine-1

Steward ex-Hunter AA8788
Salary: Cr9,200 terms age 37
medic-2, steward-0, rifle-3, hunting-2,
leader-1

Hope this helps.

Adv 10 Safari Ship Map

Adventure 10 Safari Ship map is a blurry scan, but the following information should make it usable:

Text for p.15 Referee’s Map: I’ve labeled the map rows A through X (top to bottom, omitting I and O), and numbered the hexes from left to right (starting with the first full hex). Using this technique, row A has a single hex (A1), row B has five hexes that connect across the edges of the triangular faces (B1-B5), row C has ten hexes. C1 connects across the edges of two triangles, and C2 is the first undivided hex on the map. The other undivided hexes in row C are C4, C6, and C8. C10 connects back from the rightmost half hex to the leftmost half hex. C1, C3, C5, C7, and C9 connect across the edges of the triangular faces. Map text is as follows:

F15, G18-G20: Limit of Sun Worshipper Empire (points to H20)
H15-H17: MID SEA TRENCH
J19: Capital Ruins
J19-J20 (along bottom border of hexes): Old Shore Line
K8: Bridge
K9: Cut Tunnel
K13: Traces of Old Roads (points to L12)
K15-K17: GREAT SEA
K24-K26: DRY SEA BED
K27: Dock and Ships
J28, K28-K29: Collapsed Sun Worshipper Mines
L6: Valley of Memory
L12: Old Capital
M12-M13: Sunken Plain
M22-M24: STARPORT (Starport symbol is in M22)
M9, N9: Great Retreat
N6-N7: Current Shrieker Territory (points to N9)
Q9-Q11: Limit of Shrieker Empire (points to P12)

The Players’ Map on p.48 contains only the text entries for MID SEA TRENCH, GREAT SEA, and STARPORT, and also does not show the light blue area indicating the Dry Sea Bed in the Referee’s Map.

Hope this helps.

Back