• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Ct CDROM issues

The current "known" list of problems with the CT CD-ROM is here:

http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=16837

The current "known" list of problems with the JTAS CD-ROM is here:

http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=16981

I know Marc is working on fixing the CT CD-ROM problems, as I have a file from him marking progress on that project. However, his promise to me on dates covers all FFE projects, so no, no announcement as to availability.

(When it's done!)...

Now, If you find issues NOT on those two lists, I need to know ASAP, so I can get it on his list of needed fixes.

Thanks!

One Thing to Add

The only thing I would add is Supplement 5 Azhanti High Lightning: The numbers on the deck plans are unreadable, due to being much smaller than in other books (pp. 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, and 41). For instance, on the Casual Bridge, you can guess that Bridge (1) is in the center (although no hope for the locations of the crew positions). Information Center (2) and Gunnery Station (3) are toward the top, but which is left or right? Same goes for Holographic Display (4) and Open Lounge (5): which is left or right? And it gets harder for the other deck plans in the book. The rest of the scan for this book is excellent, and the poster maps from the game have all the necessary deck detail, except for the numbers corresponding to the text.

I don't see my most recent updates posted to the JTAS thread reflected in your master list for the JTAS CD.

Right,
So my CT CDROM arrived this past Friday, and I had been looking forward pouring over it with great enthusiasm.

However, my enthusiasm was chilled when I went directly to "CT B08 Book 08 Robots", it appears to have been scanned at very low resolution, and when I tried to copy/paste the text into notepad, it was mostly gibberish.

<darthvader>NOOooooooooo!</darthvader>

I had been so looking forward to that particular book because a neighbor's toddler destroyed my original copy many years back. I have seen a couple copies on ebay, but could not see spending $50+ to replace it.

I immediately checked a couple other books to see if the quality was the same (I was ready to open a can O'Whoop-Ass on someone if so), but to my relief, the next couple files were fine.

I bought the CT and JTAS CD-ROMs this week and the problems are still there. Though some of the books and magazines are scanned at lo-res and are fuzzy to read, I consider it a minor problem. I bought them just for referencing and not to have my eyes pouring through them 24/7.

NOTE: These are scans of banged up books that are not in mint condition at all. They are also not re-prints with typos fixed. They are the originals in every way. Think of the CD-ROMs as recorded historical Imperium archives. But I do wish the Robots (Book 8) was scanned better. And don't even bother using the Applesoft DOS 3.3 BASIC programs from the JTAS. Too many typos were introduced at the printers for those issues. Those bugs are very old by now.

Last edited:
Back