• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Dragons

Okay, I read the two post thread where he talks about reviving his Wanderer campaign.

I'll fill more in on the actual RP thread, but it's my intent to take traditional Traveller players into a fantasy setting. That, as opposed to fantasy characters (PCs) generated with the Traveller rule set ... which I'm not really opposed to, but your character wouldn't be coming in until after I got the first few scenes out of the way.

I meant, I would be more interested in a low-tech traveller with fantasy elements, played in a similar low-tech setting to either Mithras's Roman one or Robject's Bythni one. I actually prefer a new setting though, and would be making a new character, maybe using Mithras's rules.

Was that Dr. Who jumping the space-shark?

Oh, no, wait. That was the space-spitfires.
no that was the giant space egg moon hatching...then magically reappearing....or was it an entire platoon of crack troops standing there looking at the hostile aliens like idiots for a full 20 seconds, without reacting..or following the shape shifting aliens they know are shape shifting aliens into the church after "mom" cant remember our birthday, your favorite childhood teddy bear or any other details....oh hell basically the last season or two is a shark jump....

space whales and space dragons aren't that rare in sci-fi.

no that was the giant space egg moon hatching...then magically reappearing....or was it an entire platoon of crack troops standing there looking at the hostile aliens like idiots for a full 20 seconds, without reacting..or following the shape shifting aliens they know are shape shifting aliens into the church after "mom" cant remember our birthday, your favorite childhood teddy bear or any other details....oh hell basically the last season or two is a shark jump....

space whales and space dragons aren't that rare in sci-fi.

Its "sci-fi" - the proper term is "nuking the fridge"/"fridge nuking"/"nuked the fridge"! :p

Nuking the fridge is still cool, but is a harbinger that what follows won't be.

Jumping the shark is a quantum phenomenon of a universal ripple effect that destroys both story and character plausibility, past, present and future.

*shrug*

Dragons in Traveller could be shark jumping ... leather jacket and water skis all. For the current RP thread, to me at least, I see it as inevitable and necessary entertainment. :)

Whenever I hear "nuking the fridge", I get this image of some dude trying to make his fridge fit in his microwave. ... it's just the way I think :D

Last edited:
Oh I understand the reference, I just can't help but picture me or some guy trying to get the top corner of his fridge into the microwave, with the door flapping about. :D

There was the RPG system titled Dragonstar that did 'field' dragon-based creatures as both monsters and intelligent creatures.

It would be arrogant to assume that an intelligent species could never ascend from reptiles or amphibians as dinosaurs did rule our planet before the pesky rodents took over.

I'd probably recommending following the suggested Dragon physiology from the Flight of Dragons book, which suggested that they were full of hydrogen.

This has the advantage that a ship could refuel from one of them ...

I'll flat out admit I've wanted to create a European style 4 leg 2 wing dragon, about 3kg in size. May or may not be semi-intelligent or better. May or may not be psionic. May or may not have corrosive neurotoxin spit. :D :D :D Not that I need one, why do you ask? :cool:

Yes, I am conflating sources. [innocent] :) [/innocent]

Back