• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Hand to Hand Damage

I'm in a quandry, in T4, a standard HTH attack causes 1d6 damage. How would you increase or decrease damage based on the level of Strength or Dexterity?

I'm in a quandry, in T4, a standard HTH attack causes 1d6 damage. How would you increase or decrease damage based on the level of Strength or Dexterity?

Originally posted by Granpafishy:
In T4 Brawling is a skill using Str+Agl for the task. If you feel the need to have any kind of increase over 1d6 (I personally don't - I'd rate it as 1d3), I would suggest that each actual die with a 1 on a spectacular success adds 1d6 of damage.

Hope this helps.

William

In T4 Brawling is a skill using Str+Agl for the task. If you feel the need to have any kind of increase over 1d6 (I personally don't - I'd rate it as 1d3), I would suggest that each actual die with a 1 on a spectacular success adds 1d6 of damage.

Hope this helps.

William

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take that into consideration.
The main thing that was concerning me though, is take a guy with 5 STR & a guy with 10 STR, besides being able to hit more often, the stronger man will be able to hit harder (this being something like boxing where STR is more in play than DEX). It would be the same with DEX in a martial arts form.

The main thing that was concerning me though, is take a guy with 5 STR & a guy with 10 STR, besides being able to hit more often, the stronger man will be able to hit harder (this being something like boxing where STR is more in play than DEX). It would be the same with DEX in a martial arts form.

I can see the argument, but I would say that 99.99% of the time,HtH is vastly overrated. I went to the Benning Boy's School and what little we were taught there was worse than useless in a real combat. People who really know HtH are rare - they make real snipers look common place I was once told that anyone can be a sniper _once_ - it's the ones who don't loose thier cookies when seeing the grey stuff splatter that are the real deal. I think that it's very similar in HtH combats.

Go to the TML and ask Doug Berry (NCO, author of GT:GF and real world sniper) if you want to have a real idea of the truth of the matter. I was only a treadhead and scout.

William

I can see the argument, but I would say that 99.99% of the time,HtH is vastly overrated. I went to the Benning Boy's School and what little we were taught there was worse than useless in a real combat. People who really know HtH are rare - they make real snipers look common place I was once told that anyone can be a sniper _once_ - it's the ones who don't loose thier cookies when seeing the grey stuff splatter that are the real deal. I think that it's very similar in HtH combats.

Go to the TML and ask Doug Berry (NCO, author of GT:GF and real world sniper) if you want to have a real idea of the truth of the matter. I was only a treadhead and scout.

William

Originally posted by William:

William
One of my friends was a sniper. I agree, they are rare. As for me, my job was just to lob large explosives at other ships :rolleyes:

This was brought up on the TML, though under Kung-Psi Monk, they did go into the different type of HtH that are around.

Originally posted by William:

William
One of my friends was a sniper. I agree, they are rare. As for me, my job was just to lob large explosives at other ships :rolleyes:

This was brought up on the TML, though under Kung-Psi Monk, they did go into the different type of HtH that are around.

Back