• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Have you ever created your own setting?

I did not know such a journal existed. Is there anything online regarding it? This is more curiosity than a sense of using it in my sector. I already have enough booby traps and other odd worlds in it.

It's slated for the first apochrypha disk after Roger Sanger comes to his senses. Failing that, hopefully we can get Joe and Gary to grab the rights back around 2025...

You know what I wonder, has anyone ever created a homebrew setting where instead of a "Imperium" with nobility, an emperor, a feudal structure and so on, instead the main civilization (or civilizations I guess) use a more federal style of government?

I say this because I look at the early history of the United States, prior to the invention of like the telegraph, and in many ways the communication limitations and distances involved, remind me of the Imperium.

Because honestly I wonder if the Imperium is more of a federal civilization than really a feudal one I guess.

I have sent you an email, but my home-brew universe does not have any central government at all, and just a few planetary associations. Even then, the planets are pretty independent, while the rest are not beholden to anyone. Some of them may or may not be inhabited, it depends on how the Game Master will fell once I get the whole sector fleshed out.

I am making sure that it can be a bit wild and wooly at times. Basically, a lot more free rein that the Official Universe.

It's slated for the first apochrypha disk after Roger Sanger comes to his senses. Failing that, hopefully we can get Joe and Gary to grab the rights back around 2025...

So somewhere between a "snowy day in July in the Lower 48" to "when a very warm place freezes over".

For transparencies, I haven't printed to them. But, just simply printing the maps like I made, one for each layer, to a transparency ( making the black background clear ) would enable the stacking to be readable.

I didn't stack planets on top on one another, but from the side planets would block others from view.

Being able to set a focus star and then display all stars within a certain distance, say 3pc, makes the visualisation task a lot easier for general use. Stars positioned x/y with some z indicator. You could have an expand/shrink function to change focus distance and click on a star to refocus about that star.

Back