• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Heaven's belt

spank

SOC-12
One of my personal favorite books is "The Oucasts of Heaven's Belt"
If you are not familiar, here is a blurb from the back cover:
"They came from the distant planet called Morningside on a desperate quest for aid from Heaven Belt. Heaven Belt-the fabulous asteroid system that was, so legend said, as rich as old Earth. But before the starship Ranger could even explain its mission, it was attacked by the people of the outermost asteroid. For civil war had long since transformed the Belters into isolated societies slowly dying out for lack of technology and natural resources.
Crippled, with most of its crew dead, the Ranger soon became a valuable technological prize fought over by everyone in the Belt. And for the Ranger's crew, what began as a mission of hope became a breathtaking race for survival...."
I happened to be looking at the Traveller map of Alpha Circus recently, and I noticed something.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 030129hb.png

One of my personal favorite books is "The Oucasts of Heaven's Belt"I

I happened to be looking at the Traveller map of Alpha Circus recently, and I noticed something.

Alpha Crucis, not Alpha Circus.

"The title of Joan D. Vinge’s first novel, The Outcasts of Heaven Belt (1978), is an homage to The Outcasts of Poker Flat (1869) by the turn of the century western writer and poet Bret Harte. He is famous for his depictions of resourceful women in California pioneer settlements.

Back