• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

OTU Only: Shugushaag (600Td J5 Freighter, LBB2 2nd Ed.)

If jump governors were needed to exactly regulate the exit point, they would be more significant.

If you want to regulate fuel consumption without them, segregate tanks and only allow the pumps access to the required amount needed for the distance.

If jump governors were needed to exactly regulate the exit point, they would be more significant.

If you want to regulate fuel consumption without them, segregate tanks and only allow the pumps access to the required amount needed for the distance.
These are T5's Tech Level Stage effects rules, and they only apply to Jump Drives built above the TL where they're standard.
Under those rules, if you build a Jump-5 ship at TL-13 ("standard" at TL-14, but "early" at TL-13), it can only do/always does Jump-5. The only way to stop short of that is to knock it out of jumpspace early by slamming into a gravity well, and you're still burning fuel as though it was the Jump-5 it started out as being.

At TL-14 and up, where J-5 is "standard" technology, it could do J-1 through J-4 normally.

Last edited:
One thing I've figured out by having PCs and NPCs actually wandering around in this thing is that it needs tool cabinets and lockers for test equipment -- at this size, maybe even an actual tool room. There's undoubtedly a Maker Device back there somewhere, too.

Deck plans that suffice for Snapshot/AHL are fine, but don't resolve the detail needed to make it a set for an RPG. "Theater of the Mind" and all that, but it's a little vague when you've got characters looking for the dirty-rag bin or trying to find the left-handed digital crescent wrench.

Like I said somewhere else, I've never played an engineer or thought this much about the engine space. This is definitely going to up my game as a Ref and Player. Much to the chagrin of everyone else. ;)

Aren't those the storage spaces aft of the common lounge?
Those are for the "ship's locker" or food storage or something of that sort (hadn't committed to anything specific).

There really ought to be vacc suit storage near the main personnel airlock or at the aft end of the cargo hold, too.

I was thinking more in terms of something facing into the drive room.

Those are for the "ship's locker" or food storage or something of that sort (hadn't committed to anything specific).

There really ought to be vacc suit storage near the main personnel airlock or at the aft end of the cargo hold, too.

I was thinking more in terms of something facing into the drive room.
The problem is that the primary hull (not counting the drives hanging out the back) is undersized, and all the space is spoken for. I'll have to carve the ship's locker and tool room and such out of existing components (shift the drives around a bit to make room for the tool room, maybe slide one of the staterooms or the low berths up to the main crew deck to make room for storage near the airlock).

It's all part of my scheme to make this a ship that's "lived-in" rather than just a set of deck plans.

Also, though it's a potential security risk, there ought to be an exterior hatch from the drive bay to bring in oversized repair components without needing to hack a hole in the hull or slide the drives out the back. I'll have to think about that.

If it's stuck in gear, then what's required is a second normal jump drive.
That's actually not a terrible idea. It's even a pretty good one if the "too advanced" one is a Hop drive...
I might just be going on too little sleep and too much coffee, but this could almost explain why Annic Nova had two jump drives. Not really, because of the self-discharge problem with Collectors, but if that wasn't the case then the J2 drive would let it do a J2 and a J1, with the big drive being used only for J3.

Or something like that. Not canon though, I don't think.

If you're willing to double the time required, and since there's no fuel requirement, you can vary the distance with a stuck jump drive and collector set up through triangulation.

I'll have to carve the ship's locker and tool room and such out of existing components (shift the drives around a bit to make room for the tool room, maybe slide one of the staterooms or the low berths up to the main crew deck to make room for storage near the airlock).
Here's an easy solution for you.
Put the Locker and Tools storage space between the airlock corridor and the lift shaft on Deck 2.

Oh and I've also marked proposed stateroom arrangements for our crew in the Boughene Station Blues PBP on both Deck 2 above and also on Deck 1.

As for an extra large maintenance hatch access to the aft end of the ship for drive components swap ... I'm afraid you're on your own there.

Here's an easy solution for you.
Put the Locker and Tools storage space between the airlock corridor and the lift shaft on Deck 2.

Oh and I've also marked proposed stateroom arrangements for our crew in the Boughene Station Blues PBP on both Deck 2 above and also on Deck 1.

As for an extra large maintenance hatch access to the aft end of the ship for drive components swap ... I'm afraid you're on your own there.
Good place for a Ship's Locker -- I'll go with that.

Swap pilot for navigator staterooms and that's how I had it.

The "Med bay" is the Low Passage Berth room (8 ea.)

The nominal medic in the PbP will in fact be using one of those two staterooms for reasons that make sense in character and that only one of the NPCs is aware of in-universe.

The problem with a large engineering access hatch is that there aren't any wide or tall corridors in the drive bay, so it wouldn't help. I'd originally thought in terms of the decks in there being removable steel grating rather than normal inter-deck flooring, but decided against it.

Well, the alternative is to "pull a drive out" just like an engine swap on an aircraft. That would make a suitably large hole in the bulkhead to push larger items through.

Back