• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Highport animation

Beautiful.

I like the panning effect to the left - it seems to have a more Star Wars feel to it.

We just need a few more ships and some appropriate soundtrack music ...

Great job.

RR

Originally posted by Andrew Boulton:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gruffty:
Oi! Where's my Hawkmore gone??!!
It's just off-camera! Gimme a chance!</font>[/QUOTE]

Gruffty: sulky Hiver.......

The only thing you need now is some subtle fill lighting from the left of screen as it's all very black.
Sure it'd probably be like that in reality but from a compositional viewpoint it feels too unbalanced light-wise and it'd also add volume to the objects.

Crow

Drooooolllllll.............

<Thought: can Hivers "drool"? Would anyone want to know if they did?.............>

Gorgeously Gorgeous, Andrew!!! 5 Stars!

Can I be in the pilot episode?

Seriously - a question. Are those big bays around the outside (in which we see a scout docking and a fat trader at berth) intended to be holding bays in which work, refueling, repairs, etc. all take place, or are they airlock-style entry ports to larger spaces within the disk?

Thanks,
Micki

Bah...I'm not going to be able to see it until Sunday - work computer doesn't have the right codecs and I'm going away for the w/e.

grumble

Ravs

Originally posted by mickazoid:
Can I be in the pilot episode?
Have your people call my people. We'll do lunch :)

Seriously - a question. Are those big bays around the outside (in which we see a scout docking and a fat trader at berth) intended to be holding bays in which work, refueling, repairs, etc. all take place, or are they airlock-style entry ports to larger spaces within the disk?
Holding bays. You can pressurise them once the hatches are closed.

BTW, those are the *small* bays...

Cool - that's what I figured. Of course, the bays can be left unpressurized for ships not rated in atmo, etc.

Re; big/small... Are the big bays supposed to be under the louvers covering a fair patch of the top surface of the dish?

And thanks for the screen test, Cecil!

Say, Mickazoid, I'm sure I've noticed compound curves in your SketchUp designs. How are you creating those - using the sandbox tool? I've kind of cheated my way around them so far, but the time will inevitably come when that curve needs compounding ...

Back