• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

How big is 500vl? [T20]

So 500VL is around Landmate size rather than battle dress? OK, that gives me a basis for descriptions for the players on my TL8 world. I don't suppose any official clarification is pending on the vl issue in the near future?

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
1kg = 1vl = 10litres???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

No chance of our marine sinking in water then ;)
file_23.gif
Well... keep in mind that a human doesn't sink. Not unless they are incredibly muscular with absolutely no body fat, and usually not even then.

Exception of course, if they're struggling, or they're me. Bio major, I KNOW that, techincically, I can't sink, no matter how you do the math, but throw me in the water and see what happens. Ayhow, back to our regularly scheduled program...

I do have one world where they're fairly lowtech, I bent some rules to allow it a bit of Steam-punk flavor, they never developed any energy plants after steam... *Boggle* Due to religious restrictions. Now: Make a steam-powered battledress. They tend to be pretty big (The smallest I've made one without it being absurdly useless was about 450vl).

Well... keep in mind that a human doesn't sink. Not unless they are incredibly muscular with absolutely no body fat, and usually not even then.
Very true, but the idea of having a suit of battle armour with the density of bubble wrap
file_28.gif
file_23.gif

Back