• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

2300 AD (2E): How does this sound to you?

Been thinking what with the release of No Man's Land about a game that starts off with the PCs awakening aboard a crashed ship.
They have no idea how they got aboard, where the ship has apparently crashed nor why they're been marooned.

The idea is that they investigate eventually discovering the means to repair their ship, find a way off world and eventually start working out what had happened.

Would this be an interesting start to a game using the T2300 setting?

Discovering xeno tech a wormhole was detected and the PCs ship was diverted through it carrying the PCs who for various reasons were used as guinea pigs to test out this new development.
The ship they were on was supposed to be a prison transport but due to a major mistake they were sent instead meaning there will be other missions through the wormhole there's just no known means of returning at this stage...

So they can't remember who they are but can remember all of their high tech skills...
How about they are human form pentapod bullets and the crash etc. is just a training exercise to see how they perform. They have been programmed with skills but no real memories prior to awakening. Over the course of the adventure they may find out what they are, but they are also fully human and thus probably won't want to be reabsorbed/dissected for analysis by the 'god' that made them
By the way I ran this very campaign.

How does this sound?

The original idea behind this was that it was a prison transport but one of the passengers was being smuggled out by the Bavarians as she was a key scientist involved in a new power system.

Redirected because they didn't know there was someone important aboard, by the time they realised their mistake she had managed to regain control of the ship upon it successfully passing through the wormhole.

This version would reveal they had been part of a generation ship that upon reaching the outer edges of the galaxy sent out scout craft to locate a new home for its slumbering colonists however a side effect of the process that kept them in suspended animation caused them to lose those memories that would have explained why they were where they were.

It didn't help that they wasn't intended to be successful...

Cough - Dark Matter - cough.

I don't have a problem with it which is why I posted one of the ways I have done it.

I have also had gholas, cyborgs, bioshells, robots - all sorts of ways for PCs to start with skills but no memories of their previous life.

how does this sound to you?

Was figuring they would discover they wasn't alone and eventually regain contact discovering they were thought lost.

As for their memories I figure I'd let them in game figure out what happened since from previous experience their ideas have a habit of being better than what I had planned!

Back