• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

human stories and aslan

Oh "Hunt for Red october" might go down well with both Swordies and Aslan

Aslan might think Ramius was being dishonorable in betraying his "Ko".

The Confederation Patrol would certainly like it-all that about having to be out guarding the hearthfires, during Yule.

"A war with no battles, no memorials, only casualties"-ironic for it may be that in the future when people think of the Cold War at sea they will think of this movie. In a way Hunt for Red October may be the memorial.

by the way I read the book too. It was OK, but I thought the movie better

The Confederation Patrol would certainly like it-all that about having to be out guarding the hearthfires, during Yule.

"A war with no battles, no memorials, only casualties"-ironic for it may be that in the future when people think of the Cold War at sea they will think of this movie. In a way Hunt for Red October may be the memorial.

Originally posted by jatay3:
What stories written by humaniti would an Aslan like.
Obviously he would like some, we are often simmilar; most human cultures have some elements about them which is simmilar to the Fteir.
The Aslan will obviously revere two pieces of Human fiction. Akira Kurasawa's masterworks:

Ran

and

The Seven Samurai
(later adapted into the American movie known as The Magnificent Seven)

The first movie is about a revered Japanese daimyo (warlord) who just died, and made the foolish mistake of dividing his powerful domain among his three land-hungry sons. Little did he know that his 3 sons would end up waging war on each other, savagely butchering each other.

The second movie is about 7 landless samurai who hire themselves out to a local village that is being harrassed and robbed by a bandit lord. The 7 samurai are heroes, among them are a couple of the best sword-fighters of legend. They defend the cowering village, and they teach the villagers how to defend themselves and to stand up for themselves against bandits, training them to put up defenses in their town etc. When the bandit lord and his dozens of thugs arrive once more.... the bandits are slain by the dozens. In the end, the 7 samurai, altho fantastic fighters.... most of them die during the final battle scene. Only two of the original magnificent seven samurai are alive by the end of the movie. This is about honor, heroism, and selfless sacrifice of life in order to defend the oppressed.

Oh, for Pete's sake...
file_28.gif

Originally posted by Andrew Boulton:
Heh, yeah.

What would female Aslan like?
We all know that female Aslan are money-hungry business-savvy creatures. A translation of Donald Trump's "The Art of the Deal" would appeal to them. hehe

Here's a simple question - what do the various Traveller "alien races" think that humans are all like? ;)

And I think the hivers would like Pinocchio.
file_22.gif

Originally posted by Andrew Boulton:

I'm struggling to think of something the Zhodani would enjoy.
Babylon 5, especially the big importance of Thelepaths in that series.

Originally posted by Maladominus:
*snip* In the end, the 7 samurai, altho fantastic fighters.... most of them die during the final battle scene. Only two of the original magnificent seven samurai are alive by the end of the movie. This is about honor, heroism, and selfless sacrifice of life in order to defend the oppressed.
Three. The leader, his old friend, and the one guy who had fallen in love with the village girl.

A while ago there was a movie on TV that consisted entirely of scenes of wild lions filmed with hidden cameras in the savannah. It was called "Pride", I think. I wonder if Aslan would appreciate that one.

K´kree... maybe "The Horse Whisperer?" :D

What would the Aslan think if they got ahold of translations of C.J. Cherryh's "Chanur" books?

The similarities between the Hani in the books and the Aslan might provoke some interesting reactions, I think.

Somehow this reminds me of an exchange on the TML from a couple of years back about smuggling. Someone listed "Aslan ⌧" as a potential cargo, to which some wit replied "Real estate brochures?"
file_21.gif

Chello!

Originally posted by kaladorn:
Oddly, they might also associate (the Males) with The Dirty Dozen, the Magnificent Seven, or any other movie which pitted a small group against large odds or in which honour was more important than survival.
And the females would shake their heads at the "Dirty Dozen" and realize that Human males are as disorganized as their Aslna counterparts. ;)

And dare I add, "Narnia"? lmao

Tony

Back