• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

I'm playing Traveller again!

I've had fun with dragons. Nothing quite like the team of licensed psionicists (Since one was a duke, and they all were nobles, and one had been dating Strephon... they were able to obtain the licenses... at a price, in servitude) being sent to make 1st contact with the dragons, or establish once and for all that they were not sentient nor protosentient. Which meant having to get close enough without getting eaten...

Other things about dragons IMTU: They are seen as the ultimate hunt prey... you've got 8 hours to find, kill, and load one before your battledress fails. And the atmosphere has enough stuff to limit radar ranges, and visibility is a few hundred meters on a good day. And the dragon will eat you AND your vehicle, so vehicles won't be used in the final... having one you killed is a sure sign you're filthy stinking rich and flat out crazy... Huting expeditions run 3-10 MCr/person. (Of which, 1MCr is the Wypoc rated 8 hour battledress... which, if still serviceable, you get to keep. No STR bonus, unlimited end, and uses Str 20 for recoil purposes, and counts as BD for recoil reduction, too.)

I've had fun with dragons. Nothing quite like the team of licensed psionicists (Since one was a duke, and they all were nobles, and one had been dating Strephon... they were able to obtain the licenses... at a price, in servitude) being sent to make 1st contact with the dragons, or establish once and for all that they were not sentient nor protosentient. Which meant having to get close enough without getting eaten...

Other things about dragons IMTU: They are seen as the ultimate hunt prey... you've got 8 hours to find, kill, and load one before your battledress fails. And the atmosphere has enough stuff to limit radar ranges, and visibility is a few hundred meters on a good day. And the dragon will eat you AND your vehicle, so vehicles won't be used in the final... having one you killed is a sure sign you're filthy stinking rich and flat out crazy... Huting expeditions run 3-10 MCr/person. (Of which, 1MCr is the Wypoc rated 8 hour battledress... which, if still serviceable, you get to keep. No STR bonus, unlimited end, and uses Str 20 for recoil purposes, and counts as BD for recoil reduction, too.)

Yeah, my Website is gone, AND I can't find my local backup.

ISP changed my plan, but didn't tell me that my webspace would go too... And it took 2 weeks before it did!

My landgrab page was basicly the above information, plus some extra details. Like electoral process (Each year, you get a proxy card; you give your card to your chosen rep; he can give it on to someone else. You can demand it back... the person with the most proxies in the hab is the chief proxie, Judges are elected. Juries are randomly chosen. THe proxies are tallied for chief proxie of Wypoc.

Some historical notes on it's founder, Al Wypoc, and his utopian dream. Notes on the lack of copyright on Wypoc. Notes on public intoxication (You can consume whatever mind altering substance you want, so long as you don't leave home to do so...) and how all sentences are either fines/fees/restitution or hard labor. Prisoner rights. That the Police include Fire,EMS, and Army roles. (Again, due to Al's utopianism.)

Yeah, my Website is gone, AND I can't find my local backup.

ISP changed my plan, but didn't tell me that my webspace would go too... And it took 2 weeks before it did!

My landgrab page was basicly the above information, plus some extra details. Like electoral process (Each year, you get a proxy card; you give your card to your chosen rep; he can give it on to someone else. You can demand it back... the person with the most proxies in the hab is the chief proxie, Judges are elected. Juries are randomly chosen. THe proxies are tallied for chief proxie of Wypoc.

Some historical notes on it's founder, Al Wypoc, and his utopian dream. Notes on the lack of copyright on Wypoc. Notes on public intoxication (You can consume whatever mind altering substance you want, so long as you don't leave home to do so...) and how all sentences are either fines/fees/restitution or hard labor. Prisoner rights. That the Police include Fire,EMS, and Army roles. (Again, due to Al's utopianism.)

Originally posted by Aramis:
What Internet Archive?
Google (or your favorite search engine) is your friend.

http://www.archive.org/
To be more precise, likely the Wayback Machine there at:
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Amazing the amount of info they do manage to archive considering the vastness and fluid nature of the internet. Sometimes it helps to search for a specific page or directory on a site as opposed to the main url.

Casey

What Internet Archive?
Google (or your favorite search engine) is your friend.

http://www.archive.org/
To be more precise, likely the Wayback Machine there at:
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Amazing the amount of info they do manage to archive considering the vastness and fluid nature of the internet. Sometimes it helps to search for a specific page or directory on a site as opposed to the main url.

Casey

Casey: Thanks! I was able to recover about 80% images and 90% of desired textual content.

And, yes, the wypoc data is there!

Casey: Thanks! I was able to recover about 80% images and 90% of desired textual content.

Originally posted by Casey:

Casey
Casey, I'm going to go try out that tip right now, thank you!

Originally posted by Casey:

Casey
Casey, I'm going to go try out that tip right now, thank you!

Glad to be (along with Casey) of service on that one.

Back