• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

IMTU & Resources

MTU is an isolated sector-sized cluster with the following features:

- Limited psionics (I tell the players "Be careful what you wish for...").

- No Zhodani, Vargr, or Aslan (yet). Hivers are extremely rare, and K'kree are mere legends.

- A race of beings similar to the AD&D "Tabaxi." Very curious, and somewhat lacking in scruples.

- Stargates, based on the movie and TV series'.

- Several Ancient races, none of which are currently involved.

These are the resources I have at hand:

Fading Suns:
- Letters of Marque 2: "Troopship Deckplans"
- Space Station Cirrus Deckplans

Far Future Enterprises:
- Traveller: Books 0-8 ("The Classic Books" reprint)

Games Designer Workshop:
- Desert Shield Fact Book

Steve Jackson Games:
- Floor Plan 3: "Underground Lab"
- GURPS Basic Set "Generic Universal RolePlaying System"
- GURPS Compendium I "Character Creation"
- GURPS Compendium II "Combat and Campaigns"
- GURPS Martial Arts "Exotic Combat Systemns from All Cultures"
- GURPS Religion "Gods, Priestly Powers, and Cosmic Truths"
- GURPS Space "Roleplaying in the Worlds of Tomorrow"
- GURPS Special Ops "Counterterrorism, Hostage Rescue, and Behind-the-Lines Action"
- GURPS Traveller "Science Fiction Adventure in the Far Future" (2nd. Ed.)
- GURPS Traveller: Alien Races I "Zhodani, Vargr, and Other Races of the Spinward Marches"
- GURPS Traveller: Far Trader "Profit and Pitfalls Among the Stars"
- GURPS Traveller: GM's Screen
- GURPS Traveller: Interstellar Wars "One World Against Thousands"
- GURPS Traveller: Planetary Survey 1 "Kamsii The Pleasure Planet"
- GURPS Traveller: Starports "Gateways to Adventure"
- GURPS Ultra-Tech "A Sourcebook of Weapons & Equipment for Future Ages"
- GURPS Ultra-Tech 2 "Hard-Core, Hard-Wired Hardware"
- GURPS Vehicles "From Chariots to Cybertanks ... and Beyond!"
- Traveller Deck Plan 5 "Sulieman-Class Scout/Courier"

Iron Crown Enterprises:
- Future Law
- Tech Law

Judges Guild:
- Crucis Margin Guidebook & Maps
- Darthanon Queen
- Portals of Torsh (designed for fantasy RPG's, but still useful)
- Rogue Moon of Spinstorme
- Starships & Spacecraft
- Tarlkin's Landing
- Waspwinter

Signet:
- America At War / Weapons of Desert Storm

TSR:
- Dragon Issue #59 (Includes "Skitterbug" adventure)

I am expecting the Classic Traveller CD any time. I think I've pretty well exhausted the possibilities of a long-term mission to renew contact with lost colonies and worlds. This mission was jointly sponsored by the Scout Service, the Merchants' Guild, and the Imperial Surgeon General. Thus, the ship was designed more for exploration, trade, and medical intervention (think "Medship," and "Sector General" meet "Babylon 5" and "Firefly.") than any military activities.

Considering all of the preceding, what adventure seeds might you suggest?

-HKR-

militant k'kree show up. they're looking to clear this sector of all carnivores, and they've picked this sector to test a new weapon. hivers, few as they are, could be allies to the humans.

MTU includes all canon/quasi canon but not decanonized areas. Almost every RPG game under the sun for inspiration. All the movies, I have ever watched. TV shows such as B5 or Doctor Who. These all get warped into a weird reflection like you would see in a funhouse mirror. That's MTU. I literarly take Marc slogan about universe very seriously.

Kafka47, I did much the same thing. Galactica, LIS, a bit of everything. But the doctor that's gutsy.

Mainly just the "villains" or monsters from Doctor Who, although, they have sometimes had help from a mysterious stranger(s) whom they never remembered the name of later. And the old FASA game/adventures were tailor made for Traveller as they were written by in large by the old Traveller hacks the Keith bros.

It is still enjoyable. I've mixed popular media and other systems into the game (Cylon's, Rift robots...etc). But the Doctor is just an impressive addition. I suspect its how you handle it. Might be amusing, if only 2 people played one night, to toss the doc into a special episode.

Back