• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Jumpspace Institue

There is no such thing as a sector duke title. Delphine in Duchess of Mora and is considered to be sector duke for the Marches, but that is not an official title, rather a first among equals.
If Deneb was a subsector in the Deneb sector there would be a duke of Deneb, but the system Deneb is not the subsector capital.

There is no such thing as a sector duke title. Delphine in Duchess of Mora and is considered to be sector duke for the Marches, but that is not an official title, rather a first among equals.
If Deneb was a subsector in the Deneb sector there would be a duke of Deneb, but the system Deneb is not the subsector capital.
You're right - I'd forgotten that Deneb is in the Usani subsector.

I also shouldn't have capitalised "sector" as it isn't a specific title. However it is a position, usually (but not necessarily) filled by one of the subsector Dukes.

Deneb and the Spinward Marches (ignoring those sectors where most of the subsectors are not Imperial) seem to be the exceptions in the 3I where no sector Duke has been confirmed/appointed before Norris becomes Archduke. In the Spinward Marches, Delphine of Mora is indeed to preeminent subsector Duke and considered to be the sector Duke; in Deneb, prior to Norris becoming Archduke, none of the subsector Dukes had become preeminent and none would acknowledge another as being sector Duke.

Which takes us back to any Duke of Deneb having to be after Norris' elevation to Archduke.

Back