• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Latest Date of the Canon Clock?

Thot

SOC-12
I have a PDF that was published in 2006, called "Out of the Darkness", set in 1248. Has there been any development of the timeline past that? If so, where can I read about it?

I have read rumours of "the Galaxiad", but information on it seems to be contradictory, and sources are not given... could anybody give me an overview of the OTU's further developments after 1248 (or after 2006 in the real world)?

I have a PDF that was published in 2006, called "Out of the Darkness", set in 1248. Has there been any development of the timeline past that? If so, where can I read about it?

I have read rumours of "the Galaxiad", but information on it seems to be contradictory, and sources are not given... could anybody give me an overview of the OTU's further developments after 1248 (or after 2006 in the real world)?

1248 is the latest date in published Traveller materials.

The Galaxiad is in production by FFE/Marc, but has not yet been published, and information is sketchy at best. The nominal date of the campaign-era is set in ~1900 at TL 17+.

Oh! That does sound interesting! So the Galaxiad is supposedly the new T5 Milieu, but without any publications yet?

The Galaxiad is mentioned in the T5 rule book and MWM produced a two page teaser of sorts a long time ago...

the Essaray have since made an appearance in the MgT Starter Set adventure.

But I suppose that teaser isn't available somewhere in PDF form or such? Also, how big is the text reference in the BBB?

Somewhere here on COTI is a link to a pdf file called GalaxiadIntroPublic which is a 2 page intro to the Galaxiad campaign. Maybe Aramis or another Mod has a link. I've also checked the FFE site and can't find it there.

In summary Galaxiad is pitched like an entertainment series based on historic event exploring classic themes of great story telling.

The Galaxiad originally appeared as a multi-episode
telenovela on the FFE entertainment network on Regina,
and soon spread to neighboring worlds and sectors. Its
key characters, drawn from the major sophonts of the
region, worked as more than allies: as friends, and their
actions struck a responsive chord in most audiences.
Based on a true story. The Galaxiad

Of course the idea is that the Players step into the story and live it like an um.... role playing game :D

If I find the link I'll post it here.

Ah, that name was helpful! Is it this one?

http://www.traveller5.net/GalaxiadIntroPublic.pdf

But that's not really a Milieu, is it? More like a story structure, without giving us any details on political entities, species, technology, militaries, history past 1248, etc...

Does T5 contain more information? The reviews on the book are mostly not enthusiastic.

Yes thats it. well done finding it.

You're right thats really only a teaser of what the Galaxiad Milleu is supposed to be. Marc has been thinking about these big themes and the things and tropes that make an RPG and I think thats why he's presenting Galaxiad in this way.

No there isn't any Galaxiad specific information in the T5 book. T5 and the OTU are tied to one another though.

Speaking personally I like T5, its not perfect, its not finished, its not for Referees and Players that want a game handed to them.

It will present you with a tremendous toolbox of things to use, but it might overwhelm you too.

I think what most people do with T5 is use it to enhance whatever their favored version of Traveller is. Where T5 explains something, like how Jump works, thats the definitive explanation.

Currently I'm using Cepheus Engine for combat and vehicles and T5 for ship design, technology and world creation.

Getting Marc's novel Agent of the Imperium might actually be a better investment than T5 if you want background of what the OTU is actually like (at least in the author's brain) and what Galaxiad might be.

But Agent Of The Imperium isn't a story set in the Galaxiad era, but in the later half of the Third Imperium, as far as I can see?

Now, how much, exactly, does the T5 book reveal about the era of 1900, other than the year? Half a page? One page? Two hundred pages?

Edit: Googling, I found this:

https://zho.berka.com/tag/the-galaxiad/

This seems to imply that it basically just contains a map?

Last edited:
Nothing specific I'm afraid. In fact the word Galaxiad appears just three times, in the copyright statement, as a footnote, and in the index.

I see. Well, thank you. I'll have to wait for Marc Miller to publish a full setting description then.

Is there any source for any of this other than rumours? :)

Leaks from the inner circle, a handful of paragraphs in T5.09, Marc's teaser, MGT basic set.

A big and interesting note: Some of Marc's short fiction makes Regina a minor world... whether that sticks around or not... no clue

This seems to imply that it basically just contains a map?

The Traveller 5 printed BBB has a general map of the Charted Space Galaxy. This map is not in the DriveThru PDF.

You can see this map and general locations of the Essaray and others at the travellermap.com website. Zoom out to see the entire galaxy to see the hints of what may be.

Also if you play with settings for Millieu, there is a M1900 sector map. Its actual validity as canon, I do not know. Rob Eaglestone is credited so maybe kinda sorta?

Glad to see you back, Nathan Brazil!

Rob's Marches (and Gvurrdon for that matter) for 1900 are a work in progress. You're watching the sausage being made, as it were.

The Traveller 5 printed BBB has a general map of the Charted Space Galaxy. This map is not in the DriveThru PDF.

You can see this map and general locations of the Essaray and others at the travellermap.com website. Zoom out to see the entire galaxy to see the hints of what may be.

Also if you play with settings for Millieu, there is a M1900 sector map. Its actual validity as canon, I do not know. Rob Eaglestone is credited so maybe kinda sorta?

A, found that option! Thanks!

The Republic of Regina, eh? Well, it seems the year 1900 is more filled with pocket empires than one big polity. I like that. :)

A, found that option! Thanks!

The Republic of Regina, eh? Well, it seems the year 1900 is more filled with pocket empires than one big polity. I like that. :)

Pocket empires ignored by the larger polity, as they're not worth trading with.... Too low tech to contribute, and with H1 drives dominating, left to their own devices...

Wait - H1 drives? Some advanced TL17 jump drive?

T5 has multiple jump drive types.

Regular jump drives go 1-9 parsecs.
Hop drives go 10-90 parsecs and are TL 17. As a J1 drive would be Jump-1, I assume an H1 is a Hop-1 and can travel up to 10 parsecs in a single jump.
Skip drives go 100-900 parsecs, and are TL 20.
There are also Leap (1000s of parsecs, TL 22), Bound (10000s, TL 26), and Skip drives (100000s. TL 29). More powerful ones are also possible.

Hop, Skip, and more powerful drives do have additional restrictions, however.

Last edited:
Back