• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

(The FFW as a Vehicle for) Canon Facts

The Wiki is always a good place to quickly educate ones self about Traveller terms, although its not to be trusted for its canonical-ness.

Give it time.

It can't really be a good canon bible since there is a little concrete definition for canon.

Would love to have your help at the Wiki, Reban, if available or interested.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

The Wiki is always a good place to quickly educate ones self about Traveller terms, although its not to be trusted for its canonical-ness.

http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Empress_Wave

The Empress Wave is accepted as a canonical event/process which in time will come to affect all of charted space. It will have an interesting effect, reducing the total population, and affecting people on a psionic level in its wake, causing temporary havoc as it passes, and triggering preparations ahead of it.

Think of it as a Spanish Flu/Black Death/Zombie Apocalypse/Great Depression level setting-altering event. There have been three similar setting altering events in the OTU: The Long Night, Rebellion, and Virus.

If you'd rather not know about the background of the OTU then you simply use this quote and write an ATU.

It would appear that to get the background to the T5 OTU would require spending a fair amount of money with no guarantee of any return on the investment.

As for the ATU, I am presently working on the Piper sector, far to the Rimward of the Solomani, and hopefully divorced from anything appearing to be the OTU. The only question is do I write my own rules to go with it. Writing up about 320-odd planet descriptions does take time as well.

Back