• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Martin J. Dougherty has Joined the T20 Team!

hunter

Ancient - Absent Friend
I am pleased to announce that we have come to an agreement with Martin J. Dougherty to write the T20 core book. Many of you may be familiar with Martin's work on the GURPS Traveller line (GURPS Traveller, Behind the Claw, Star Mercs...), his novels, or his short fiction work (he also wrote the introductory fiction piece The Olympia Incident found in the Classic Traveller Reprint: The Basic Books (1-3).

Martin will be working closely with us to translate the new rules into an easy to read and understandable core rulebook, and to help us ensure that T20 stays true to the Traveller we all know and love.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunter:
I am pleased to announce that we have come to an agreement with Martin J. Dougherty to write the T20 core book. Many of you may be familiar with Martin's work on the GURPS Traveller line (GURPS Traveller, Behind the Claw, Star Mercs...), his novels, or his short fiction work (he also wrote the introductory fiction piece The Olympia Incident found in the Classic Traveller Reprint: The Basic Books (1-3).

Martin will be working closely with us to translate the new rules into an easy to read and understandable core rulebook, and to help us ensure that T20 stays true to the Traveller we all know and love.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is good news. He's a good writer and I like his work. The stars are starting to look right
smile.gif

I don't actually play GURPS Traveller, but I absolutely loved Star Mercs and Behind the CLaw, both of which have scads of info that can be used in a standard Traveller game. Both of those books were very well-written and this sounds like great news to me!

------------------
Dave "Dr. Skull" Nelson

Nah. We nicked it, bit by bit, from all over the place until we had a real mess.

And then the damned colonials went and mangled it... tried to make sense of it, impose consistent grammar and spelling and everything....

I ask you....

Hey Martin? American English in the book please. We want it readable ;-P

Hunter

American English.

Now THERE's a contradiction in terms.

Hmph. Okay, if you insist.

No, really. Put the big stick down, I'll do it...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MJD:
Nah. We nicked it, bit by bit, from all over the place until we had a real mess.

And then the damned colonials went and mangled it... tried to make sense of it, impose consistent grammar and spelling and everything....

I ask you....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh yes, English. A language that has been know to lie in wait for other unsupsecting languages and drag them in back alleys to rifle through their vocabulary.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunter:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to hear. I enjoyed the Olympia Incident a lot. Good, classic Traveller. The reprint book was also excellent. It's nice to have the basic 3 books in a single volume without carting around the full Rules reprint.

Cheers
Paul Bendall

When are you going to get William H. Keith in on T20? Traveller would not be the same without Bill Keith.

Bill is awfully busy with his novels and other writing. I can't imagine him doing any Traveller game materials.

MJD probably groaned when he saw my username in here, given the discussion we're having in the Contact forum.

However, I wanted to say that this is a good decision... While I might not be a big fan of certain parts of BTC, he writes well, and his novels are good (I'd say better than Swycaffer, but I'm already in one flamefest on this board, and so I should limit myself).

Anyway, good luck to MJD and the QuikLink design team. How can this project go wrong? You're already using HG as your ship design system
smile.gif

DonM.

Uhh... so you've figured out how to throw me off balance, huh? Just be nice to me - I can't handle it at all!

Seriously... thanks for the good thoughts

Back