• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Mgt art

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I understand the business aspect. But, that's besides the point.

No, it is _everything_. If you cannot make it work from a business perspective, you cannot do it. That simple. At least, if you still want to be around doing Traveller books in a year's time.

The deck plans we currently do are _insanely_ expensive as they are. If there is another method of doing them that would cost no more, we are all ears! Find us another method that is cheaper, and we'll do ship books until the cows come home!

At the end of the day, what you want is not that simple to achieve.

S4 and Brinksey do seem to spend an awful lot of time talking about a game they profess never to play and not to like. I always thought they were latent MgT players. . .

That's like Canabis products - I never tried them but I still protest anytime some Greenie suggest Dutch treatment of them in Germany.

That's like Canabis products - I never tried them but I still protest anytime some Greenie suggest Dutch treatment of them in Germany.

Fraulein Mbrinkhues: What's for dinner tonight darling?

Herr Mbrinkhues: Why the same thing we have every night, Fraulein - sauerkraut and knockwurst.

Fraulein Mbrinkhues: Again? Can't we have something different tonight? How about rissotto?

Herr Mbrinkhues: Rissotto? I detest rissotto in all its forms!

Fraulein Mbrinkhues: But you've never had it before.

Herr Mbrinkhues: That's like Canabis products - I never tried them but I still protest anytime some Greenie suggest Dutch treatment of them in Germany!

Fraulein Mbrinkhues: :eek:o:

Fraulein Mbrinkhues: What's for dinner tonight darling?

Herr Mbrinkhues: Why the same thing we have every night, Fraulein - sauerkraut and knockwurst.

Fraulein Mbrinkhues: Again? Can't we have something different tonight? How about rissotto?

Herr Mbrinkhues: Rissotto? I detest rissotto in all its forms!

Fraulein Mbrinkhues: But you've never had it before.

Herr Mbrinkhues: That's like Canabis products - I never tried them but I still protest anytime some Greenie suggest Dutch treatment of them in Germany!

Fraulein Mbrinkhues: :eek:o:

a) Fraulein is no longer used
b) A married female is Frau
c) Knackwurst is from a totally different part of Germany
d) At least german cuisine has seasoning besides Rock salt and Vinegar

I like the ship a lot - and something like this would certainly be possible for a one-off (or two-off). However, a book full of such art? We would never sell enough to pay for the art alone, never mind printing, writing and editing costs.
Are you familiar with the 2300AD Ground Vehicle Guide? I've always placed that close to the pinnacle of rpg books, as far as art is concerned. I wonder how much that cost GDW...???
Flipping through my copy of Aslan, it's safe to say the quality of your art has improved since the core rules were first released.

ps - thanks for the willingness to talk about art-n-stuff. I really appreciate it. Rarely have I seen someone in the game industry who is so willing to "answer the doorbell" as it were.

Last edited:
No one cares.

Well than it matches the reaction the MgT around my part of Germany. Even the local publishing house (13Mann) doesn't really care about it judging by the number of "demo" rounds they have been doing

I think this is possibly the first time 'german' and 'cuisine' have ever been used in the same sentence :devil:

Says a brit. What was it about glass-houses and stones?

I'll have you know British cuisine is the envy of the world. Who doesn't like chicken tikka masala??

Ah that's nothing compared to the finest of the german cuisine like Döner and Gyros! ;)

Not to mention that the Irish Indians are better cooks than the British Indians in my experience. Okay, maybe comparing Carrik on Shannon with Gravesend isn't fair cuisine-wise :)

Not to mention that the Irish Indians are better cooks than the British Indians in my experience. Okay, maybe comparing Carrik on Shannon with Gravesend isn't fair cuisine-wise :)

Nah, I had the worst curry EVER in Kinsale. As everyone knows, the best Indian cooks in the world are in Bradford!

I like some of the art in the pocket edition so much (specifically, the new art in the careers section) that I'm tempted to buy it just because.

Well that Vargr I mentioned before has made me think of adding them to my Traveller games, I read the CT books on the alien races back when I was a kid, that put me off using them, till now, Now I have many ideas running through my head, some of which...

(Tails are dumb, imagine battledress or Vacc suits with tails, and as bipeds they don't need them anymore, it will just get in the way :eek:o: )

Most Vargr clans dock the tails of their newborns,
they were originally genetically engineered without tails, but it was kept latent in their DNA, until a reto virus reactivated it over a thousand years ago, now its considered normal to get docked at birth, all but few clans, who keep their tails due to a different philosophical point of veiw, they are more aggressive and embrace their feral side as something to be proud of, wearing their tail as a mark of pride and as a display of their clan and philosophy,

Other Vargr either respect this or avoid due to them being seen as trouble makers, (as they don't tend to compromise)

All that from one picture, not a thousand words, but still,

Last edited:
I'll have you know British cuisine is the envy of the world. Who doesn't like chicken tikka masala??

:nonono:
For shame Fordy, for shame

While it is true, some of the best indian restaurants in the world are in fact in England (esp midlands birmingham ironicly), you can't go taking the credit for anothers countries cuisine, bad form old man,

Fish'n Chips, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back