• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Mobile Mechanic?

Sounds like the perfect way to have an "inside job" compromise your security for a takeover/capture by hostiles. I mean ... "volunteer guards" would wind up being a step below rent-a-cop in terms of loyalty to the operation. :CoW:

I'm assuming the crews (or their employers, who in some cases are the local authorities) actually need the service, and would therefore be pretty motivated toward preserving it.

Routine maintenance, sure. This is specifically about the annual overhaul, which by definition requires a Class B starport (or in this case, 200Td of Class B starport stuffed into a Subsidized Merchant's cargo hold).

Correct me if I missed the rule somewhere (almost everything is packed because of renovations) but the UWP code for the starport is generally the public facility in the system. Thus you could have a system with a Class D public facility but a higher class private or contract facility.

You arrive in system needing more than just routine maintenance knowing that while the public port cannot handle your needs you are not out of luck since there is a branch of Fleet Services Corp and you have a contract with them covering just about all your needs.

It is actually an idea that I had been noodling about in my head for the last several weeks. Just another way to make money (or separate the PCs from theirs). :)

Correct me if I missed the rule somewhere (almost everything is packed because of renovations) but the UWP code for the starport is generally the public facility in the system. Thus you could have a system with a Class D public facility but a higher class private or contract facility.

Certainly possible. There are some systems in the Spinward Marches that have such mainworld details for them, where there is merchant line with facilities for their own ships superior to what the starport has to offer in order to support that merchant line's operations. However, that is the kind of detail and specificity which is not (normally) captured in a UWP code for a mainworld.

Certainly possible. There are some systems in the Spinward Marches that have such mainworld details for them, where there is merchant line with facilities for their own ships superior to what the starport has to offer in order to support that merchant line's operations. However, that is the kind of detail and specificity which is not (normally) captured in a UWP code for a mainworld.

Exactly, it may be a single merchant line it could be a group of lines pooling their resources in a couple of systems to obtain economies of scale. It could be a corporation that is not affiliated with any particular line but offers services to any who can pay. I wouldn't expect it to be in the UWP as this is something that a referee needs to add on his own.

Back