• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Mongoose Core Rulebook errata

Does this include the Pocket Rulebook? I know there were some things left out from the Core rulebook, but I think it was only the blurbs at the bottom of pages.

The pocket references are going to be assumed to match their larger parents. If you see the errata for the Core Rulebook, it says this errata also applies to the Pocket Rulebook.

Of course, some people don't see the need for any errata, apparently...

Some questions

Should we post here the detected (or perceived) errata?

Is already any oficial errata (so that we don't repeat those already detected)?

Should we post here the detected (or perceived) errata?

Is already any oficial errata (so that we don't repeat those already detected)?

There is a corrections document for 1st printing.
There is some corebook errata in High Guard.

Give me a few hours to post the new document... :rofl:

I found some errata to the previously published errata, and wanted approval.

Don

There is a typo on line 2 page 1 "The document represents a catalogue..."

Also a number of the clarifications have not been clarified, they are still questions, eg Core rulebook pages 36, 54, 60 - normally you have these in red colored text and don't publish the items until actually clarified.

Fridge

Haven't added the colours yet -- I'm still going through the many e-mails I'm receiving on this. When I can finally definitively close a book, I'll add red. Blue will get added with the next update (0.35 or 0.4), because we'll finally have updates.

The idea is that once this stabilizes, Mongoose will review the red items and provide answers. But what's interesting on this one is that the errata pile is growing and the number of books is very high. Even better, I've now got participation from the third-party Mongoose publishers, and while a few fans seem unsettled by the sudden development, everyone seems to be pleased at the new direction.

I'm just finally happy to get this going!

Haven't added the colours yet -- I'm still going through the many e-mails I'm receiving on this. When I can finally definitively close a book, I'll add red. Blue will get added with the next update (0.35 or 0.4), because we'll finally have updates.

Are perceived errata to be sent to you by Email or posted here?

I believe that the errata for Mongoose was never officially released. It sat on Don's website for an unknown period of time but he pulled it down not too long ago.

And it's now unnecessary, as we have the Beta for the new edition.

Not really - the errata for 1E will remain a viable issue, because MGT 2E is essentially a whole new game system...

Not really - the errata for 1E will remain a viable issue, because MGT 2E is essentially a whole new game system...

Yes I for one would love to see a complete document of all the Mongoose 1E errata to check its all written in my books. Especially as I have no plans to get into the 2E version for several years at least considering how long it took Mongoose to get a decent version of 1E in print (and having seen some of the illustrations in the 2E version I may never be getting into that version lol).

I agree. While I like what I have seen so far of 2E, I know that a lot of people aren't to thrilled with it and either won't be moving to it, or will wait a while. So having accurate errata for 1E is still valuable.

Though I can understand that if it is now a little lower on the priority list. :)

Yes I for one would love to see a complete document of all the Mongoose 1E errata to check its all written in my books. Especially as I have no plans to get into the 2E version for several years at least considering how long it took Mongoose to get a decent version of 1E in print (and having seen some of the illustrations in the 2E version I may never be getting into that version lol).

Nats, did you see my message on your profile page or PM on the Mongoose forum?

Back