• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Mongoose - traveller returns

Traveller pocket edition

Hello Mongoose Traveller fans. Just looking at getting into Mongoose Traveller and wondered if anyone has the new pocket edition, printed to be of the same size as the famous LBB's(well in length and width anyway)?

It's fairly new, and I was just wondering if it works as a LBB? (Eg, is it a touch too small, is it the same as the main Mongoose hard cover expensive rule book just micronized? etc).

It's fairly new, and I was just wondering if it works as a LBB? (Eg, is it a touch too small, is it the same as the main Mongoose hard cover expensive rule book just micronized? etc).

I think there is some stuff missing but very little. Pretty sure its got all the important pieces.

It is a "micronised" version of the MGT core rule book.

While there are a couple of missing sidebars, The missing parts are downloadable for free from Mongoose and it is, in my opinion, the best product produced by Mongoose publishing.

Hello Mongoose Traveller fans. Just looking at getting into Mongoose Traveller and wondered if anyone has the new pocket edition, printed to be of the same size as the famous LBB's(well in length and width anyway)?

I have the MgT:CB as large book and Mercenary and High Guard as LLB. Another thing you must know if intending to buy the LLBs is that the letter is smaller, and I have some problems on reading them sometimes (as you can guess my sight is not what it once was :()

The pocket edition is complete, but I found it didn't suit me. I like the full-sized, hardcover core book much better.

Thanks very much for the feedback fellow Travellers.

Going by that, the LBB is a cool idea but the book was designed for the large format and shrinking it down doesn't suit all gamers. I figured it might simply be a reduced font size of the large format version. Also removed things is a shame but that's publishing. Breaking the eggs to make the omlet so to speak.

The pocket edition is complete, but I found it didn't suit me. I like the full-sized, hardcover core book much better.

Additionally, Mongoose initially published the Pocket Core Rules in a true LBB (Little Black Book) size in terms of dimensions, but has since been using a " 'Littler' Black Book " size that is even smaller than the original Pocket Core Rules LBB. I do not know why they went to such a small size.

I like the initial MgT LBB size. I am not nearly as fond of the 'Littler' BB size (especially as my eyes get older . . . :) ).

Back