• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

MT Q&A with Marc Millier

Originally posted by kafka47:
William,

Any luck reach Frank or the other Great Old Ones?
Not at this point, but I'm still looking into a few things, so ...

Hopefully down the road a bit.

William

William,

William

William,

William

Originally posted by William:
6) Was the idea of the Rebellion originated at DGP or GDW?

For good or ill, I claim the concept of the rebellion and the assassination.
Interesting. Educating. And for the record, I think it was a good decision as things were kinda stagnant (in a good way, but stagnant) in 3I before that.

10) When did the Real Strephon become real? (IITR comments by Loren that
this was his idea?)

Similarly, Loren, while at GDW, determined that Strephon was the Real Strephon, and that became canon.
Okay, so what I'd really like to know is:
Was the one who died a bot? (You'd think Dulinor might have known this AFTER shooting him) Or a clone? Or an actor? And if so, how does he really justify the Grand Princess and Empress hanging out with the fake? Was that normal? Or were they fake too? I mean, if he could clone himself, wouldn't Strephon clone the others too? (I sure would)

BTW, Great work William.

Interesting. Educating. And for the record, I think it was a good decision as things were kinda stagnant (in a good way, but stagnant) in 3I before that.

this was his idea?)

Similarly, Loren, while at GDW, determined that Strephon was the Real Strephon, and that became canon.
Was the one who died a bot? (You'd think Dulinor might have known this AFTER shooting him) Or a clone? Or an actor? And if so, how does he really justify the Grand Princess and Empress hanging out with the fake? Was that normal? Or were they fake too? I mean, if he could clone himself, wouldn't Strephon clone the others too? (I sure would)

BTW, Great work William.

this was his idea?)

BTW, Great work William.

Originally posted by kaladorn:

BTW, Great work William. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Pages 22 & 23 of "Arrival Vengence" (Quite a good adventure really.) tells us that it was a clone that was killed with his wife and daughter. "...shall not perish."

As for doing it, it's been quite fun.

Pages 22 & 23 of "Arrival Vengence" (Quite a good adventure really.) tells us that it was a clone that was killed with his wife and daughter. "...shall not perish."

Originally posted by daryen:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by robject:
In another aside, I actually got hold of David Nilsen a few years back, and we batted emails back and forth maybe three times. I specifically asked him about the unanswered puzzles in TNE, and he was unwilling to enlighten me.
The biggest benefit to the TNE source book MJD will eventually do, besides advancing the timeline for the first time in over a decade, is that all of DN's silly secrets will finally die. They will all have official, canon answers.

Of course they won't be DN's answers, but he's had over a decade to say something, assuming he actually cared to.
</font>[/QUOTE]DN stated on the TNE ml years ago (for the brief time he was on it), that he wasn't going to just flat out answer those questions because he claimed simple answers wouldn't be sufficient. Apparently the "answers" required long detailed explanations that only a sourcebook would do it justice.

Alot of people didn't appreciate that excuse so there was a huge flamewar that ultimately led to DN's departure from the ml.

I'm not defending the man. I'm merely trying to shed some light on why he wasn't forthcoming with his answers.

Btw William, thanks for posting the interview with Marc. Quite informative.

In another aside, I actually got hold of David Nilsen a few years back, and we batted emails back and forth maybe three times. I specifically asked him about the unanswered puzzles in TNE, and he was unwilling to enlighten me.
The biggest benefit to the TNE source book MJD will eventually do, besides advancing the timeline for the first time in over a decade, is that all of DN's silly secrets will finally die. They will all have official, canon answers.

Of course they won't be DN's answers, but he's had over a decade to say something, assuming he actually cared to.
</font>[/QUOTE]DN stated on the TNE ml years ago (for the brief time he was on it), that he wasn't going to just flat out answer those questions because he claimed simple answers wouldn't be sufficient. Apparently the "answers" required long detailed explanations that only a sourcebook would do it justice.

Alot of people didn't appreciate that excuse so there was a huge flamewar that ultimately led to DN's departure from the ml.

I'm not defending the man. I'm merely trying to shed some light on why he wasn't forthcoming with his answers.

Pages 22 & 23 of "Arrival Vengence" (Quite a good adventure really.) tells us that it was a clone that was killed with his wife and daughter. "...shall not perish."[/QB]
Not to be a cynic, but talk about philandering possibilities.... you quite literally *can* be in two places at once and trade back and forth with your clone (assuming some high tech mem transfer tech to ensure the same knowledge propagates).

I always thought the *real* strephon was a clone that got thawed out cause it took him so long to come out of hiding. That allowed things to degenerate. If he'd showed up sooner and said "look, here I am... Lucan, glad you're okay, but you're not sitting in my seat, and Dulinor, your arse is grass ....", then maybe things could have been headed off.

Pages 22 & 23 of "Arrival Vengence" (Quite a good adventure really.) tells us that it was a clone that was killed with his wife and daughter. "...shall not perish."[/QB]
Not to be a cynic, but talk about philandering possibilities.... you quite literally *can* be in two places at once and trade back and forth with your clone (assuming some high tech mem transfer tech to ensure the same knowledge propagates).

I always thought the *real* strephon was a clone that got thawed out cause it took him so long to come out of hiding. That allowed things to degenerate. If he'd showed up sooner and said "look, here I am... Lucan, glad you're okay, but you're not sitting in my seat, and Dulinor, your arse is grass ....", then maybe things could have been headed off.

The disconnect is that the "Real Strephon" was originally (i.e. when the MT box came out) intended to be a fake. It was only after numerous fans begged for the "Real Strephon" to be real that GDW relented and made him actually Strephon.

Of course, since much game-time had passed by this point, they were forced to explain his absence. Whether that explanation works, is up to the reader. (Apparently it doesn't for you, nor did it for me.)

Personally, I liked the story better when Strephon was actually dead and the "Real Strephon" was an imposter.

The disconnect is that the "Real Strephon" was originally (i.e. when the MT box came out) intended to be a fake. It was only after numerous fans begged for the "Real Strephon" to be real that GDW relented and made him actually Strephon.

Of course, since much game-time had passed by this point, they were forced to explain his absence. Whether that explanation works, is up to the reader. (Apparently it doesn't for you, nor did it for me.)

Personally, I liked the story better when Strephon was actually dead and the "Real Strephon" was an imposter.

Back