• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

My First LBB2 Ship Design

Originally posted by SOCOM242:
I just threw anything that came my way into this design.
Well, that would explain the four air/rafts, I suppose... :D

My Cr.02 is that you only need a Mod/1 to get you where you want to go in that design, but if you expect to get shot at much, the Mod/2 might be a good investment.

Compare the standard Type A Free Trader listed in Book 2 for ideas, and realize you're building something similar...

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
Just to clarify fuel use.

The jump drive requires 10% of the hull size in fuel per jump number.

So a jump 3 200t ship requires 60t of fuel to make a 3 parsec jump, 40 tons for a 2 parsec jump, and 20 tons if it only jumps 1 parsec.

The power plant requires 10 tons of fuel per power plant number (that's the number you get from the drive potential table).

So a power plant C in a 200ton ship, rated at 3, requires 30 tons of fuel. This fuel lasts for 4 weeks.
Hmmmmm. So using the formula in the book

0.1MJn + 10Pn

Using a 200ton, Jump-2, Power Plant-2 ship (Drive Potential B for both)

0.1 x 200 x 2 + 10 x 2 = 60 tons (40 for the Jump Drive Fuel and 20 for the Power Plant Fuel)

And if we used an 800 ton ship, with Jump-2 and Power Plant 2 (Drive Potential H for both)

0.1 x 800 x 2 + 10 x 2 = 180 tons (160 for the Jump Fuel and 20 again for the Power Plant)

In both these cases, they'll be allowed to make a 2 parcec jump and still have 3 weeks of fuel for maneuvers and such.

Is this right?
:confused:

Yep, that's right

The power plant fuel lasts for 4 weeks in total, so that's a week in jump and three weeks in normal space.

The 1bis can run 4 slots worth of programs simultaneously, but there's no extra storage: once you program those 4 blocks worth of programs, that's what you've got each phase for the whole next turn. It's less flexible in some respects, but it basically allows the space to handle the jump 2 and nav software simultaneously: which the Mod/1 can't do.

No, PP Fuel tonnage isn't a percentage. It's 10 tons for a PP rated 1, 20 for a PP2, 30 for a 3, etc, fixed. I don't like it a bit, but it is the rule. (Unless one hybridizes Bks 2 & 5, in which case one can justify Pn%... but that's a serious dodge of the rules.)

Jump fuel is percentage: 10% per Jn.

Back