• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

New Handgun: GLP-15 "LeMat"

sabredog

SOC-14 1K
Admin Award
Had some free time before finally being able to sleep last night so I played around with this....eccentric, but it was getting late and I was pretty tired. Still, it might be useful for shipboard personnel in fear of armored pirates or if you just want a little more bang for the Credit.

Norge GLP-15 “LeMat” TL-13

The great-great-grandson of the famous LeMat pistol of the 1800’s this finely crafted firearm is designed for close combat for professionals in law enforcement, corporate security, and the military. The concept is simple: the GLP-15 has two weapons systems in one.

The primary weapon is the laser pistol built to use either the standard laser carbine power pack or the rapid-cycling battery pack (inserted in the user-configurable grip) which provides 15 shots. One shot is fired per pull of the trigger. This is usually sufficient for most defensive purposes but if something with more power is needed then the second system is where this weapon excels as a premier sidearm: the 30mm grenade launcher.

The 30mm grenade is loaded into the upper barrel by releasing the hinged breach from the rear of the weapon’s receiver, swinging it up towards the rear. The grenade is dropped into the breach and the weapon is closed. This reloading takes one combat round. The grenade can then be fired by merely using the thumb to depress a lever on the left side of the receiver. The backstrap-type safety means the grenade launcher cannot be engaged while the weapon is in the holster or if dropped, but only if held securely by the operator.

The 30mm grenade has an maximum range of up to 75m, though it is most effective at 50m or less. The HEAP and flechette versions are available, as is a gas round which makes it an ideal choice for law enforcement personnel.

Weight (empty): 700gm Ammo: 200gm (laser mag)/ 80gm per grenade
Length: 250mm

NorgeGLP-15LeMat.jpg

Required DEX 8
DM -2

Advantageous DEX 11
Dm +2

RANGES
Laser Pistol
C= +1
S= +2
M= +1
L= 0
VL= NA

HEAP

C= +2
S= +2
M= +1
L= 0
VL= NA

Flechette
C= +4
S= +4
M= +3
L= 0
VL= NA

ARMORS

Laser
None/Jack= +2
Mesh= +1
Cloth= +1
Ablat= -6
Combat= -7
Reflec= -9

HEAP
None/Jack= +2
Mesh= +2
Cloth= +2
Ablat= -3
Combat= -1

Flechette
None/Jack= +5
Mesh= +3
Cloth= +2
Ablat= +3
Combat= -5

Last edited:
That's a well done addition to the locker :)

Add a flare round option for the GL and I can justify it as a survival kit addition ;)

Um, the flechette shouldn't have -1 vs. combat armour.

Especially if it gets -3 against ablat. It should be, like, -9.

Corrected both the ablat and flechette values - I did say I was up all night and tired.;)

Great!

Maybe I missed it, but what sort of damage did you think?

Aw crap...I had this thing all nice and prettied up but when I copied it this thread the numbers wouldn't line up so I had to do it all over again and screwed up the armor values, now I left out the damages...

Laser 3D6

HEAP 5D6

Flechette 3D6

Aw crap...I had this thing all nice and prettied up but when I copied it this thread the numbers wouldn't line up so I had to do it all over again and screwed up the armor values, now I left out the damages...
Thanks!! That's what I was about to put on it when I swiped it, but it's good to have the artist's vision;)

Thanks!! That's what I was about to put on it when I swiped it, but it's good to have the artist's vision;)

And its good to know I figured the numbers about right, too! :D

And does anyone know how I can get tables cut and pasted correctly here so as to avoid this sort of thing again?

Laser 3D6

HEAP 5D6

Flechette 3D6

There is a method to making tables that work on the BBS...

1) lay them out in a text editor, or in courier
2) use no tabs
3) replace spaces with underscores _
4) surround each block of underscores with [color=#ECECEC]___[/color]
5) wrap the whole table with [FONT="Courier New"]Table goes here[/FONT]

Required DEX 8
DM -2

Advantageous DEX 11
Dm +2
RANGES
_________________ C ____ S ____ M ____ L ___ VL
Laser Pistol ___ +1 ___ +2 ___ +1 ___ +0 ___ NA
HEAP ___________ +2 ___ +2 ___ +1 ___ ±0 ___ NA
Flechette ______ +4 ___ +4 ___ +3 ___ ±0 ___ NA

ARMORS ______ N/J ___ Me ___ Cl ___ Ab ___ Cb ___ Re
Laser _______ +2 ___ +1 ___ +1 ___ -6 ___ -7 ___ -9
HEAP ________ +2 ___ +2 ___ +2 ___ -3 ___ -1 ___ ??
Flechette ___ +5 ___ +3 ___ +2 ___ +3 ___ -5 ___ ??

Back