• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

NEW TRAVELLER 5 CAMPAIGN: Cirque: Touring the Spinward Marches in Traveller5

Looks like crossposting it may have worked some, 23 new backers since 3/15.

Yes, kudos to posting it over in the KS thread on RPGnet. I also mentioned to Greg this morning that he should post on the Facebook KS group and over at RPGGeek in their KS News thread in order to get exposure beyond the "choir".

Yes, kudos to posting it over in the KS thread on RPGnet. I also mentioned to Greg this morning that he should post on the Facebook KS group and over at RPGGeek in their KS News thread in order to get exposure beyond the "choir".

Thanks, it also looks like Marc sent out an email, every part helps though.

Not to be a poo-pooer, but if you want some honest feedback from this potential Traveller buyer, let me say that I find the core idea unappealing. I don't like the idea of a Spinward Marches traveling circus at all. It doesn't get me excited and want to play Traveller in any form. It reminds me of the DGP Imperial Tour following the news reporter. I didn't care for that series of adventures either, and had they not been in my favorite all-time Traveller magazine (Traveller's Digest), I would not have purchased those either.

I'm not looking to start a flame war, be rude to Greg Lee, or anything like that. I was just thinking that, if it were my project, I'd want to hear from people who were not interested rather than finish the project and wonder why it didn't sell.

I would be interested in something more sexy set in the Spinward Marches--off the top of my head, I'd be much more interested in an extremely detailed campaign set in a cluster of stars featuring mostly Jump-1 vessels--a supplement that takes something like the Aramis Trace and presents the worlds, people, customs, and adventures with micro detail.

And, there are other T5 supplements I would be interested in purchasing. But, a campaign that centers on a circus? Nope. Not interested at all.

Maybe I'm in the big minority, and maybe I'm the only one, but that's my honest feedback.

If there is as much detail about each of 20 worlds in the Marches as there were about the worlds featured in The Traveller Adventure, I'd be interested for that alone.

Hans

While I'm not interested in circus campaigns, having one as an adventure hook or employer would be cool. Also, detailed information on several worlds would also be a big selling point for me. I guess I agree with Rancke.

Its the first non-Amber Zone adventure to be based around Entertainers. I look forward to it, just for that aspect.

Hope its as much fun as providing security for the mega-rock band Veedback aboard the superliner Hotel California when they toured the Spinward Marches.

~Rich

This might help formalise my player character group who are a big circus without a big top and ringmaster anyway :)

I look forward to this supplement. Should be a beaut.

I had to think about it for a while, but I am a backer now. I see a lot of potential for different behind-the-scenes action and intrigue plots.

WELL DONE FELLOW TRAVELLERS

It's amazing, Marc offered some UWP cards to sweeten the deal and BANG,

The target goal is now in site and were 95.21% of the way there.

So glad to read all the posts from fans who are keen about the idea like myself.

Even if it's not your cup of tea, it's worth supporting(there's a $1 level), just to promote further T5 products. That's what this heralds for me, the possibility of a line of T5 adventures.

For me, this campaign of adventures has a lot of 'breaking the mold' features and ideas which I feel is a great idea for Traveller adventuring.

WAY TO GO EVERYONE!!!! This project now looks right on target for success and with 13 days remaining, I think it will indeed exceed the target by a decent amount. I'm hoping this provides incentive and encouragement for other developers out there who are keen to get there teeth into some Traveller adventure writing in support of T5 (oh and be sure to make it compatible with other versions of Traveller as I myself am learning there's die hard fans of every one of the previous incantations).

PS As I have to pay extra for the overseas postage anyway, I've decided not to back an extra sum to get another UWP card, to allow other backers a chance to obtain one. Enjoy. :)

The first T5 Campaign is GO!!!!

Sensational. As I write this, the KS is now at 117.85%, so where looking at a nice new campaign about to blast it's way upon us.

WELL DONE FELLOW TRAVELLERS.

I'm so thrilled this has done well. Here's to the next generation of Traveller!!!!!!

How can a Circus Be Dangerous?

This is a discussion that I had not been following.

If all you like are Mercenary Tickets, you likely will not like Cirque's adventures per se. I won't bother to try to convince you otherwise...though you still may find more than a few nuggets, including a whole class of ships outfitted for mercenaries, backgrounds for conflicts, and so on.

Traveller is a role-playing game, not just a strategic warfare game. As Cirque's author, all I can say is this: the BACKDROP is a circus. The twenty adventure outlines are NOT about the dangers of walking a literal tightrope. The characters are NOT all merely performers. The adventures arise DURING the tour, sometimes out of it -- but ARE adventures.

As an old saying goes, "When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's difficult to remember that the original objective was to drain the swamp."

Recipe for adventure: Put 100+ characters of various types (including 5FW vets, divas, clowns, etc.) into a starship, and send them from planet to planet. Add Zhodani, pirates, planetary situations, arguments, politics, and more. Mix well. Place in oven. As heat increases, adventure rises.

"Twenty Planets. 400+ Performances. A lot less clowning than expected."

Greg Lee

I'm a backer because I love the idea. It's one of the few non-mercenary, non-trading campaigns around. It could be like Veedback cubed! More entertainers, which means more friction between them. :)

I really look forward to seeing the actual campaign.

FWIW: I did this in a small way in DnD in my college days. The characters were on the run and yet needed to stay in the kingdom. So they painted up a couple of wagons and put on a traveling show.

The Fighter was the strong man. The female fighter became a dancer. The bard was the minstrel. It's been over 30 years and I don't remember much more of the details, though they arrived in the main city in time for the coronation and to defeat the villains. And they earned a bit of change and food along the way.

Some of the players were graduating that year, so they retired and kept the show.

Back