• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

New version of TravellerWorlds is out!

There's a manually edited JSON file for Byret on page 6 of this thread: Imaah Chehesti link

There are some new features like borders, which could be used on balkanized worlds or, in Byret's case, for a Larianz Autonomous Region on the planet.

In addition, you can place features where you want them, such as towns, cities, noble estates, etc. It doesn't take much JSON knowledge to understand how to just add an existing terrain feature type.
David - thank you so much for your correspondence and work to make those features possible!

Going off of the togglable map icons idea, another Nice To Have™ map presentation feature might be being able to change the hex scale of a map. It would be for seeing coastlines and such in higher resolution, similar to the current hex zoom in, but for a whole map at once. I imagine it would be slow to generate at higher settings, but with most of the icons turned off to reduce clutter it could be a neat way to have a more detailed view of the overall landmasses.

For sure! I've been inspired by TravellerMap and the way it zooms in and out for years. Lovely crinkly coast lines would be just lovely. I just have an extensive to-do list (including, for example, the layout of world details - I'm just not happy with it, plus further details such as generating beasts and sophonts).

Oh nice, glad to hear zooming is already on the to do list. Those other features sound cool as well. I noticed in the todo list you mention a system map yet to come, are you thinking of having a 2d orbital map?

Attachments

• system-middle.png
    system-middle.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 7
Back