• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Norahd Haalamsin

This character was originally created as a background filler for an adventure I was running for a munchkin player. He moved away before we could play, but he lives on--in a soon to be published novel!

Retired Scientist 366D99 Age 46 7 Terms Cr15400
Computer-3, Gravitics-3, Jack-O-Trades-3, Survival-1, Electronics-2, Medical-1, Mechanical-1, Body Pistol-1
Laboratory, Equipment, Body Pistol

JOURNAL ENTRY 326; 23 DOCIM

I have narrowed the list of candidates for a suitable subject in my phase three test to four. More monitoring will help me make the final determination. Despite my desires to proceed at a more rapid pace, I must restrain my impulses and continue with this methodical search.

It has been so many years...many encounters with those who ridicule me because they do not understand me, many who deny me my rightful recognition as a genius. My time has almost come--my time for vindication. Finally, with this ultimate success, my reputation will be restored. Finally, all those who laughed at me for all those years will have to shut their mouths. I can hardly hold back my anticipation!

My search for a talented intern has met with far less success. I still have not discovered a worthwhile graduate student that can understand my notes and technical specifications. I have interviewed many students, and they all seem to be incapable of understanding even the simplest of concepts. Have the schools become so poor that they turn out nothing but voids that cannot identify a null-field coil or a tensor vernier? What am I going to do?

Indeed, what am I going to do now? All these years, after I rediscovered those principles that came to me by accident, yes, the fortuitous accident that let me open a doorway to those limitless worlds beyond...all those years of toil and anxiety, occasional deadly hazard...and now that I am so close, so very close to final success, I can clearly see that prize that stubbornly remains just beyond my grasp.

I suppose I am fortunate in that I had a few colleagues on the Science Board that actively lobbied for my pension. I can still clearly remember comments from those opposed...

"...INSUFFICIENT GROUNDING OF MATHEMATICS IN LIGHT OF CURRENT THEORY--EXPERIMENTAL DATA NOT REPEATABLE BY STANDARD METHODS OF SCIENTIFIC PRACTICE--SYMBOLIC LOGIC CONTAINS ERRORS, OMISSIONS AND GAPS OF THOUGHT EVIDENT TO UNDERGRADUATES..."

They are fools. Utterly blind fools! Can they not realize that I have transcended standard symbolic logic, standard theory, standard practice? Indeed, I had to invent an entirely new mathematical notation system in order to properly document my theories. I now have the means available to assure maankind's future--to free us from limitations imposed on us by light speed.

I know about the workings of that "Group Lemma" that is receiving all the vidcast time as of late. I know the minds in that group, and know that they may very well succeed--but not soon enough. Humaanity is straining at the seams of this star system, and without my dimensional gate technology, we will be limited in our star exploration efforts. I would not be content to be frozen cargo in one of those clumsy, inefficient robot podships!

My resolve is undiminished. I will free us from this prison--or die trying.

Last edited:
Back