• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

OK, so I bought the T20 Book........

Originally posted by Paraquat Johnson:
T20 has the xp chart.

The main thing missing from T20, IIRC, is the basic combat rules. T20 has the rules additions as they apply to T20, but not the basic stuff.
And the basic combat rules are in the SRD...

I think what people are talking about is the exact sequence in which the changes are implemented upon reaching a new level - or, for that matter, explicitly stating what happens upon reaching a level.

For example, IIRC it says nowhere in the THB that a 1st level character has 1 feat (+1 for standard humans).

Page 22 and page 35.

The experience progression table which also includes level based feats and attribute bonuses is on page 35.

The description of the "human" race, as apposed to the sub races (vilani, zhodani etc), on page 22 lists the bonuses that being human gives you.

I think just the SRD and THB should be enough.

Originally posted by veltyen:
Page 22 and page 35.

The experience progression table which also includes level based feats and attribute bonuses is on page 35.

The description of the "human" race, as apposed to the sub races (vilani, zhodani etc), on page 22 lists the bonuses that being human gives you.

I think just the SRD and THB should be enough.
IIRC it says humans get "one extra starting feat" - but does it say anywhere there the standard number of starting feats is 1?

I mean, I know that - I taught myself d20 from playing the Temple of Elemental Evil computer game - but it would have been nice to see it written down somewhere. ;)

What's specifically missing from the T20 book, and the SRD, is level advancement. In my copy of the D&D 3.0 book, starting on page 144 there is a full page of rules, a nine step progression for what you get and in what order, when you gain a level.

They are:
1. Pick a class.
2. Adjust your BAB
3. Adjust your Save Bonuses
4. Calculate and assign skill points.
5. Adjust ability scores (at proper level)
6. Gain new hit points.
7. Select character level bonus feats (at proper level).
8. Update spell casting ability.
9. Select class features

The explination of these steps isn't in the T20 book nor is it in the SRD. It only exists in the core rule book (D&D Player's handbook, D20 Modern, Star Wars book). The fact that you must pay $40 to WotC for 1 page of rules is the brillance of their marketing.

Back