• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Pgmp-12

how much heat would 2 grams of hydrogen at these temperatures contain?

what percentage of heat transfer would occur on impact? 1%? 10%? 50%? certainly not 100%...

given that amount of heat, how much steel would it vaporize?

what effect on nearby flesh would that amount of vaporized steel have?

been a while since I tried thermodynamics calculations for fun...

how much heat would 2 grams of hydrogen at these temperatures contain?

what percentage of heat transfer would occur on impact? 1%? 10%? 50%? certainly not 100%...

given that amount of heat, how much steel would it vaporize?

what effect on nearby flesh would that amount of vaporized steel have?

been a while since I tried thermodynamics calculations for fun...

Oh God... no more physics and math..... Presently I am dusting off the project for my Swordie Lift Cavalry Unit I wanted to publish in a Fanzine... These days I was hoping to flesh out the weight technical description and a rendering. I would like to publish the ironmongery for the unit as an appendix.

Ya, HEAT rounds are the correct model to base PG/FG effects on, with the difference that it's a direct fire and many rounds support weapon rather then a missile/tank round.

Anti-bunker work, you wouldn't be looking at demolishing, large caliber HE arty/missiles are best for that, but you might penetrate and set off spall and fires, which could be useless or very effective depending on what is in there.

I would think you would be better off using the PGMP against the bunker door THEN firing a grenade or three through the door for 'cleaning' purposes.

The .30-06 sends a 220gr (14g) round at 760m/s for 4043 J
The barret sends an 800gr (52g) round at 882m/s for 20,226 J
The PGMP sends 2g at 8000m/s for 64,000 J - 3x the recoil force of a barrett, before compensation.

That's kinetic energy. Recoil is proportional to momentum, which is MV, rather than MV2/2.

The 2g plasma bolt, while hitting with a substantial punch, would have 8000 x.002 = 16 kg m/s, whereas the Barrett would have 800 x 0.052 = 41.6 kg m/s.

Back