• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Picture of the Day

More!

Grey out your backdrop by about twice that ammount. Try and find some aerial shots of coastline from that altitude. You'll see it's all very blue-grey and misty. Virtually no colour.

Next desaturate the colour in your textures on the craft by about 50-60 percent. At the moment they're waaay too rich and cartoony. They'll look almost grey in photoshop (or whatever you use) but they'll look much more realistic in the render.

EDIT

I just knocked this up in Photoshop so it's rough round the edges (literally) but it gives you the idea of what I'm talking about though.

Warthogz.jpg

Crow

I like what you did but I think it is a bit of a style thing too. Fading the backgroudn more woudl be good. (I did nto fade or desaturate the space to mud fighters at all) I tend to like saturated colors especially red to yellow tones.
Part of my thinking too comes from the WW1 German aircraft. Bright colors and customised by the pilot. I think I should do another paint scheme for it too. (as a side note I have never made a WW2 German aircraft but have made 4 WW1 if I make WW2 it is either Japan or USA)

Very sweet work Daniel, if only I shared the talent as well as the name

I like the look you threw on it too Crow.

And I see no problem with bolder colors either.

Have you done the specs for this craft in any system yet? Or used an already designed craft? Or did I miss it somewhere?

Well a lot of it is being comfortable with your package. (oops software package ooops) It took some time and a lof of crappy stuff before I got some models I liked but I stuck with it.
The difference between my render and Scarcrows is that I coudl not do his because I spent 4 hours doing the side art and I'll be dammed if I obscure that in any way:^) That is one of the problems with doing all the work you get to the point where you don't want to obscure any of it.

Thanks a lot Scarecrow. What have you been up to? I have been spending the past week and a half on this one. Meant to be a big player character type of render. The ship is loosly based on the 400 ton fat trader we had on ewhen we were adventuring we had a numbber of legal and more nefaious things in our cargo hold nto to mention a brothel in the staterooms. Anyways this is a tribute to the players. http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1218352

Back