• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Proto-Traveller: Races, Major and Minor (?)

Originally posted by daryen:
I think that proto-Traveller needs to keep the Spinward Marches and Solomani Rims pretty much as is. These help bridge from the OTU to the PTU. Granted this makes those three minor states more influential, but so be it.

Plus, making them more influential is a good thing. One of the big problem all three states have in the OTU is why they even exist in the first place. All three (especially the hostile Sword Worlds) should have been conquered/annexed and assimilated a long, long time ago. Really, their independence makes no sense. With the dramatically reduced major powers, these three minor powers suddenly start to make more sense. They now become regional powers, and are much more relevant to the major powers around them.
I quite agree, and why I advocate a map of at least 4*4 sectors for the 3I.

Originally posted by daryen:
I think that proto-Traveller needs to keep the Spinward Marches and Solomani Rims pretty much as is. These help bridge from the OTU to the PTU. Granted this makes those three minor states more influential, but so be it.

Plus, making them more influential is a good thing. One of the big problem all three states have in the OTU is why they even exist in the first place. All three (especially the hostile Sword Worlds) should have been conquered/annexed and assimilated a long, long time ago. Really, their independence makes no sense. With the dramatically reduced major powers, these three minor powers suddenly start to make more sense. They now become regional powers, and are much more relevant to the major powers around them.
I quite agree, and why I advocate a map of at least 4*4 sectors for the 3I.

Back