• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

seekergamingsystems.com

I have actually got a reply from Seeker...they promise the Far Traveller out sometime this year and currently working on large Sector poster maps akin to the Spinward Marches in CT. But, FFE is reserving judgement and they do have the posters to sell but their prices remain prohibitive...

I agree. It'd be good to see more available for Traveller.

-Flynn

Has anyone ordered anything from them recently? I was thinking of ordering their two folio adventure packs and their complete set of Megatraveller 15mm deckplans.

[Years pass.]

So i just checked out the site again ... they seem to have been busy adding a ridiculous flash intro page [note: turn your volume down], and more malarkey about stuff being available "soon", but there is NO INDICATION that you can actually purchase anything. In addition, there isn't really enough descriptive material to tell what some of these things are ...

Anyone had any luck with these people?

Actually some of the products now have a price and you can order them through a Paypal account. What happens next is anyone's guess.

Originally posted by FlightCommanderSolitude:
[Years pass.]

So i just checked out the site again ... they seem to have been busy adding a ridiculous flash intro page [note: turn your volume down], and more malarkey about stuff being available "soon", but there is NO INDICATION that you can actually purchase anything. In addition, there isn't really enough descriptive material to tell what some of these things are ...

Anyone had any luck with these people?

I just bought something off them on Ebay. They're saying that there is an upcoming 20 year anniversary and they'll have some more stuff up for that. So, the cheque is in the mail.... maybe. ;)

They have told me that they have all the plans printed, they are just inventorying them so they can sell them. They are inventorying them starting with the 15mm laminated editions. And they should all be ready by the end of 2004. (OOOPS!) On the 18th I got the same note except this time, the website should be updated with products, next week. (OOOPS again.)

Well with the money I was going to send them for the deck plans I wanted, I guess I can buy a nice CC2 bundle and draw them myself. I will just have to paste the pages together myself. (I guess I could then go to Staples and print them on 11x17 or 17x22 paper.) Or print them at 1/2 scale and blow them up at Staples... Hmmmmmmm.

Originally posted by Bhoins:

Well with the money I was going to send them for the deck plans I wanted, I guess I can buy a nice CC2 bundle and draw them myself. I will just have to paste the pages together myself. (I guess I could then go to Staples and print them on 11x17 or 17x22 paper.) Or print them at 1/2 scale and blow them up at Staples... Hmmmmmmm.
Or, better yet, you can design them to fit a 36" or 24" wide plotter and then go to Kinkos and print out the plots. If you do, use black and white only. I *think* that the last time that I checked, the 48" x 36" B&W plots were only $15-$20, but the color ones were some ridiculous price per square foot ($6?) because they assumed worse case scenario for ink usage.

Ron

PS: For large ships, I tend to design for things to be printed on a 24" or 36" plotter and then save the file as a PDF. Acrobat Reader will automatically scale the printout to fit if you don't have a plotter handy.

Is that any way to run a business? "We have the stuff in stock, we just haven't gotten it organized to the point where we can sell it to you."
file_28.gif

Originally posted by Paraquat Johnson:
Is that any way to run a business? "We have the stuff in stock, we just haven't gotten it organized to the point where we can sell it to you."
file_28.gif
Especially when I gave them a list of what I wanted and asked for a price. (Twice now.)

The latest thing from their site. Remember everything was to be available by the end of December 2004.

Now.

We are going to try and release all 15mm deck plans by mid summer of, 2005. The products are here and have been waiting for sometime now, however we just have not had the opportunity to inventory, list and package all of them as we have been short staffed at times. So, the priority in order is all 15mm plans in laminated edition first, then magazine and onto 25mm and so on.

Translation:" The stuff is sitting in Dad's garage, but we decided to go snowboarding instead', or do something else, until we see if we get enough buyers lined up to bother with it. LOL

Kinko's, and some other places, are very handy places, and if you do a lot of graphic stuff, why not use them, or start scrounging around for copiers, plotters and stuff on your own?

Originally posted by Maynard:
Translation:" The stuff is sitting in Dad's garage, but we decided to go snowboarding instead', or do something else, until we see if we get enough buyers lined up to bother with it. LOL

Kinko's, and some other places, are very handy places, and if you do a lot of graphic stuff, why not use them, or start scrounging around for copiers, plotters and stuff on your own?
Well according to them it is already back from the printers. So that isn't the problem. Basically, it seems, they have a closet full of deckplans but they apparently don't know what they have in the closet, and don't remember what they ordered from the printer. (And it still needs to be stuffed into envelopes or baggies or whatever.
)

After a year and a half of waiting for them to get it inventoried and packaged for shipping, I am giving up. The Deckplans I was going to order from them I am going to take that money, buy a nice package from Pro Fantasy, order what Hunter is publishing and print the rest myself.

Perhaps I will avail myself of the Sell it as Unofficial PDFs here on COTI if they come out professional looking.

Question: to the CofI...if anyone has copies of the MT Lab Ship Deckplans...it promises an adventure/story contained within. Does your copy contain the story/adventure...as I have emailed Seeker with the question but they haven't replied for about 3 weeks now.

Hi kafka47,

I do, and it does, kinda. It's listed in the index as a short story, and it is, very short. One column, maybe 600 words. Basically it's a descriptive for an adventure idea. As the last paragraph notes...

"This story provides background information for one possible scenario aboard the 400-ton labship. The starting point for the adventure, as well as the events which follow the creature's disappearance, are left to the referee's discretion."

Back