• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Starships

thank you MAGMAGMAG

Attachments

• image014.jpg
    image014.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 151
  • image013.jpg
    image013.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image012.jpg
    image012.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 41
  • image011.jpg
    image011.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 44
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 43
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 39
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 41
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 44
continued

Attachments

• image025.jpg
    image025.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 41
  • image030.jpg
    image030.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 41
  • image031.jpg
    image031.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 43
  • image032.jpg
    image032.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 43
  • image024.jpg
    image024.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 42
  • image023.jpg
    image023.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 42
  • image022.jpg
    image022.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 45
  • image021.jpg
    image021.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 44
  • image020.jpg
    image020.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 44
  • image019.jpg
    image019.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 67
STELLAR-CLASS SUBSIDIZED LINER

Now let's try to recreate the work of the master of Traveller art.
This painting was drawn in reference to
William H. Keith: The Traveller Book, Game Designers Workshop, pp.65, 1982

The owners of subsidized liners receive assistance in meeting the construction costs for their ships, and in return a portion of the ship's revenue must be paid to the subsidy provider. A wide range of ships meet the standards for a subsidized liner; one specific type, labelled the Stellar class is dealt with in detail here.

Attachments

• NEW_600M007_B.jpg
    NEW_600M007_B.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 79

This painting was drawn in reference to
Steve Venters: CT Adventure 13 Signal GK, pp.18, 1985

The Stellar class subsidized liners feature a sleek hull with pleasing lines to appeal to passengers, it is streamlined and the ship is capable of entering atmosphere and has provision for landing on world surfaces. The most striking feature of the ship is the large saucer located forward; it serves as a passenger lounge.

Attachments

• NEW_600M007_C3.jpg
    NEW_600M007_C3.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 71

The ship's single launch is carried slung beneath the lower deck. The launch dock holds the launch when the ship is in motion. With the launch absent, access is possible through the air lock which services the launch. Even with the launch present, access is possible through the maintenance air lock located to port of the launch socket.

Attachments

• NEW_600M007_D.jpg
    NEW_600M007_D.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 57
Only Sivva-class. I am now researching Zhodani capital ships in the FFW.
The only Zhodani capital ships that ever had any semi-official visual designs were some from the game "Power Projection: Fleet". These miniatures were made for them:

The ships are, in descending order of size, the Viepchakl class battleship, the Kefchenzh class armored cruiser, the Zhdavldlits class light cruiser and the Zhdiak class destroyer.
The visual designs were (very) loosely based on the crude silhouette drawings I made when originally contributing the designs to "Power Projection: Fleet".

I've attached the silhouettes and the High Guard design files to this post (also including one other ship, the Vrapkenchkinj class light battlecruiser). I think I also had some fluff text for them (should be present in PP: Fleet) which I can't find atm.

P.S.: The pictures are not to scale, obviously.

Vrapkenchkinj_counter2.jpgZhdiak_counter2.jpgZhdavldlits_counter2.jpgViepchakl_counter2.jpgKefchenzh_counter2.jpg

Attachments

• Kefchenzh.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Vrapkenchkinj.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Viepchakl.txt
    634 bytes · Views: 2
  • Zhdavldlits.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Zhdiak.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 2
The only Zhodani capital ships that ever had any semi-official visual designs were some from the game "Power Projection: Fleet". These miniatures were made for them:
Counters in CT-era Fifth Frontier War were done by GDW.

The counter silhouettes in FFW were the same for Imperial and Zhodani forces, so arguably they do not represent faction specific ships. (And to my knowledge, no counter on either side was ever associated with a specific class of ship.)

Also, I think most if not all of the silhouette designs were re-used from previous GDW games such as Imperium.

AFAIK, the largest canonical (due to its appeareance in TNE's "Brilliant Lances") Zhodani warship to be described in detail before PP:Fleet was the 2000-ton Vlezhdatl class strike cruiser. Unfortunately, its original HG design (like several of FASA's designs) was illegal by the rules (far too many weapons.)

Last edited:

The ship is a standard design which is widely available within the Imperium. Its class name indicates that its members are named for stars or star-connected items. Some ship names come from major stars (Castor, Pollux, Deneb), minor stars (Wolf 359, Dreesen, Fonteyn's Star), or stellar phrases or foreign language terms (Per Aspera, Ad Astra, Gwiazda, der Stern, Morning Star, Iruud).

Attachments

• NEW_600M007_E.jpg
    NEW_600M007_E.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 60
CROSS SECTION OF STELLAR-CLASS SUBSIDIZED LINER

The subsidized liner features an unusual multi-level deck plan layout. The ship's central core consists of four decks: the upper A-Deck is crew quarters and controls; B-Deck is the passenger cabins, C-Deck is a cargo deck, D-Deck is fuel tanks and a launch dock. At the rear of these decks are the drives. The saucer-shaped passenger lounge is placed forward of the main ship body.

Attachments

• NEW_600M007_G0.jpg
    NEW_600M007_G0.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 35
Back