• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Starships

Only Sivva-class. I am now researching Zhodani capital ships in the FFW.
Mongoose is apparently going to publish a "War Fleets of the FFW" book soon.

I have mixed feelings about it, among other things because it apparently discards all the previous designs (from PP:F).

STELLAR-CLASS SUBSIDIZED LINER

Subsidized liners are typically commissioned by large trading corporations or transport corporations. Such companies squeeze the last credit from their operations, and they have the financial clout to convince local governments to provide an initial subsidy for the production of the ship. Subsidized liners usually serve an established trade route, often specified by the subsidy provider in order to enhance or increase trade with certain systems which would otherwise be ignored by the larger trade corporations.

After many years of service, the repair and upkeep costs of a subsidized liner can make it no longer profitable to operate on its established route. At such a point, the ship is either scrapped or sold as surplus. A subsidized liner released from its route becomes a free liner, identical in characteristics, but probably less reliable mechanically.

/////////////
I have assigned a new position two month ago. I have to slow down making spaceships because of a lot of business trips.

Attachments

• NEW_600M007_F.jpg
    NEW_600M007_F.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 68
Mongoose is apparently going to publish a "War Fleets of the FFW" book soon.

I have mixed feelings about it, among other things because it apparently discards all the previous designs (from PP:F).
I have just got it. Thanks for information.

STELLAR CLASS SUBSIDIZED LINERS

Many shipyards produce subsidized liners. Large corporations often build their own in their own shipyards. Subsidy providers often specify that construction take place in a shipyard on their own world.

////
This is the last shot of subsidized liner.

Attachments

• NEW_600M007_H.jpg
    NEW_600M007_H.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 69
I was thinking about where my next ship would belong. After much deliberation, I decided to set the affiliation of my next ship to a university. For this purpose, I created one university.

IMPERIAL GLISTEN UNIVERSITY

The Imperial Glisten University (IGU) was founded by the Third Imperium in 952, which performs cutting-edge research into gravitics, electronics and manufacturing as well as training graduates. The IGU is Glisten's premier university but overshadowing the Glisten Institute of Planetological Studies (GLIPS).

The IGU consists of 20 faculties, 31 graduate schools, and 19 affiliated research institutes. It has a total of 90,000 undergraduate students and 50,000 graduate students. The majority of the university's educational and research facilities are concentrated within the Glisten city campus. Additionally, IGU operates several smaller campuses in the Glisten subsector.

It is said the "The IGU graduates can expect a good, well-paid career working in firms owned by the families of IGU attendees".

Attachments

• 006_imageB.jpg
    006_imageB.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 40
Back