• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Striker Combat System in CT Redux

Subscript "S"? I don't recall finding this subscript on the Striker weapon tables when looking up such things as LAG HE rounds, rifle grenades or even ATGLs.

Sorry, this was an internal reference for my Traveller group (it refers to a custom weapons chart for my campaign). Superscript S weapons are the ones that fire HE rounds (but not HEAP).

--Ty

Last edited:
TBeard -

Followed this link from the MGT thread that recently was shutdown. I'm a relative newbie to the Traveller system, and I think MGT will suit my gaming group pretty well, EXCEPT for combat which I was pretty dissatisfied by. I really like the feel of your rules (although I may add to / modify for my own purposes). I especially like the feel of the suppression fire rule - I want to encourage wild fire and ammo expenditure in my game, and I like the way that it becomes a more team oriented system.

Thanks for posting them -

Colin

TBeard -

Followed this link from the MGT thread that recently was shutdown. I'm a relative newbie to the Traveller system, and I think MGT will suit my gaming group pretty well, EXCEPT for combat which I was pretty dissatisfied by. I really like the feel of your rules (although I may add to / modify for my own purposes). I especially like the feel of the suppression fire rule - I want to encourage wild fire and ammo expenditure in my game, and I like the way that it becomes a more team oriented system.

Thanks for posting them -

Colin

Hi Colin and thanks. EDIT: Weapon and Armor Charts are at http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=15981.

If you prefer damage points, rather than the Striker "wound levels", you can use my adaptation of T4's damage model, which works pretty well. Basically, use the combat sequence above, but replace penetration and armor with the damage and armor rules from this post:

http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Dis...ad.php?t=14974

Last edited:
Back