• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5 Errata Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caste Generation on p. 551, it is not clear from the rules as written, nor from the example on p 541, if you roll a "=Special" result if you are supposed to re-roll that at the time of the table creation, or when the character is created. (This is in the errata already, please ignore).

Last edited:
The Genetics Characteristics (in)heritability table on page 114 is wrong. Specifically, the table includes "Cha" as a possible heritability trait, where the text just below says "Charisma C6 [is] not genetic". This will let it match the same table on p. 112.

The Caste assignment table (Table E, page 551), the Heritability/Inherited Caste note should more specifically refer people to the Genetics chapter.

Also page 254. This doesn't make sense.

Bang damage delivers the damage at the target, not the firing end of the weapon. We know this because Bang damage is not applied to the firing character.

Yet, page 254 says that a silencer will silence Bang-1 weapons?

If there is no Bang damage applied to the shooter, then there's nothing to silence. And, a silencer is not going to effect the noise a round makes when it hits the target.

Also, what's the range of Bang damage? If someone is standing right next to the target, does he get Bang damage, too?

Note that it has been pointed out that page 254 is dedicated to weapon effects from the shooter's perspective. Therefore, the Bang damage shown is for the shooter! Not the target!

If this is true (and it looks like it is), it should be made more clear that, when firing a revolver or shotgun, the shooter will be deaf for a few rounds after firing the weapon unless they are wearing ear protection.

Tech level cap table on page 558, it is unclear which of the two columns you should select. Based upon a simple reading it would be if C5 is Instinct or C6 is Caste use the first column, if C6 is Social Standing or Charisma select the second. If both are true (C5 = Ins and C6 = Soc or Cha) which column is selected?

Incorrect Flux-tables

I looked, and didn't see this one already:

Tables (such as Homestar generation, p80) have flux values at -6 to +6, but at D-D flux can be only -5 to +5.

I looked, and didn't see this one already:

Tables (such as Homestar generation, p80) have flux values at -6 to +6, but at D-D flux can be only -5 to +5.

That's already in the errata.

Marc honestly believes referees will come up with and apply their own modifiers in a variety of situations, and proposes outcomes for them to use. It's funny... in the CT years, we invented piles of mods for use, and today if a game doesn't lay them all out in one table, it's 'too complicated'.

(and I'm talking Pathfinder/D&D there...)

Big Black Book, page 337, Table 9

Formulae for Power Plant and Power Plant, Fusion are similar...

Assuming that fusion is the plant of choice, which formula is actually used?

Drive Formula sub-table is: H x 3 X P / 200 + 1

Sub-table P is: (H x P / 200) x 3 + 1

Big Black Book, page 337, Table 9

Formulae for Power Plant and Power Plant, Fusion are similar...

Assuming that fusion is the plant of choice, which formula is actually used?

Drive Formula sub-table is: H x 3 X P / 200 + 1

Sub-table P is: (H x P / 200) x 3 + 1

The default P-Plant is a Fusion Plant.

Maths isn't my strong point but isn't the formula under Drives for P-Plant H x P x 3 / 200 + 1 and therefore don't both formula give the same output?

Not sure this has been presented previously but Dicknervous found a basic chargen item that must be clearly errata since this is not how any other profession is generated.

"A Rogue selects one Controlling Characteristic which is then used throughout his career." (pg 92, 2nd paragraph).

This is shown in Dick's chargen question thread to be extremely open to exploit by power gamer/munchkin types.

Not sure this has been presented previously but Dicknervous found a basic chargen item that must be clearly errata since this is not how any other profession is generated.

"A Rogue selects one Controlling Characteristic which is then used throughout his career." (pg 92, 2nd paragraph).

This is shown in Dick's chargen question thread to be extremely open to exploit by power gamer/munchkin types.

The thread can be found here.

And, assuming that there was a reason for them being different, I have even through of some alternatives that I posted at the end.

Since I think the idea may warrant additional discussion and better visibility I created a new thread for it here. This will also allow me to continue the existing thread with general chargen questions. :)

Annual Maintenance for Starships

[FONT=arial,helvetica]The concept of annual maintenance for starships is mentioned several places in the T5 text, but the actual cost calculation is not noted anywhere, as far as I can see.
[/FONT]

<snip>
the errata corrected p. 80 to change "Hydrographics: Flux+Size" to "Flux+Atm"

But the correction should also have been made on
<snip>

So does the hydrographics roll keep the DM-4 for Atm 0,1 or A+, or does that go away with this errata (or is this DM only in the CD Rom version)?

Cheers,

Baron Ovka

I wasn't trying to play "stump the experts" with this question. :rofl:

does the hydrographics roll keep the DM-4 for Atm 0,1 or A+, or does that go away with this errata (or is this DM only in the CD Rom version)?

Any toughts? I supposse this question could apply to the errata for other versions as well. :CoW:

Cheers,

Baron Ovka

Last edited:
Noted. If this is errata for the legacy versions, note the point in the CT thread and I'll review.

Page 431, Worldgen checklist page

Since Regina was done on the prior page as an example of system generation, use Regina for the Second Survey Format line example as well.

Reference Pages 493 - 496 - the remark/trade code table and descriptions. (Remarks table also on page 434, same thing applies.)

1) Garden worlds are SIZ 678, ATM 568, and HYD 567. The world is hospitable to most sophonts. Its size, atmosphere, and hydrographic make it an extremely attractive world. A Garden World has a safe environment which does not require protective equipment for humans and sophonts which share the human environment.

I propose to add HZ under the formula column.

2) Hot zones and tropical zones both fall in HZ-1, and on occasion BOTH will generate for the mainworld.

In that instance, I propose ignoring Hot, and keeping the Tropic remark. Add note 3 to that effect, or add "Remove Ho" to the Formula column.

Example Note 3. If MW has both Ho and Tr remarks, remove Ho.

3) Cold and Tundra zones both fall in HZ+1, and on occasion BOTH will generate for the mainworld.

In that instance, I propose ignoring Cold, and keeping the Tundra remark. Add note 4 to that effect, or add "Remove Co" to the Formula column.

Example Note 4. If MW has both Co and Tu remarks, remove Co.

Noted. If this is errata for the legacy versions, note the point in the CT thread and I'll review.

Before I post errata to other threads, let me explain why I am asking. That might also help to clarify a suitable answer and resolve what appears to be a T5SS issue at the same time. After that, it will be easier to determine what additional errata (if any) to post.

I am looking specifically at Aramis/Aramis (SPIN 3110). The CT-S03 Spinward Marches (along with CT-A00 and CT-Traveller Adventure) UWP for this system is A6B0556-B. The Traveller Adventure even has a description of world conditions and the primary (underground) city. T5SS changed this to A5A0556-B. The size changed from 6 to 5 and the atmosphere changed from B to A.

Unfortunately, given the current rule of Hyd = Atm + Flux, Hyd=0 is impossible, even with the -4 DM. IIRC, at one time in CT Hyd was equal to Size + Flux + DMs. That's probably when the UWP was generated. I could be wrong here, but I think one of the stated goals of T5SS is to eliminate cases where the rules cannot generate the world.

Cheers,

Baron Ovka

Page 495, Trade classifications

The banner bar at the top, and most other pages, give Tz as the code for twilight zone, but the text description on the page uses Tw instead.

Anagathics and Cloning

The TL chart on p.505 list Anagathics as TL15

The Equipment section under drugs lists Anagathics as TL17.

If the correct TL is TL15 then the equipment entry is wrong. But if the equipment entry is correct and the Base TL is TL17 then the chart on p.505 should be amended as Experimental Anagathics.

The chart on p.505 also lists "anti-geriatrics" at TL12 which could be interpreted as Experimental Anagathics, but there is no other listing for them. A listing or explanation needs to be added.

There are no rules detailed for Anagathics. The entry on p.625 only states "Drugs which counteract the aging process" with a monthly dose requirement.

Rules are needed. One would assume that while taking monthly doses the Aging Check from p.97 is not applied. Are there any side effects or are there any penalties if doses are stopped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back