• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Future of Stellar Reaches (or Where’s Issue #8?)

Yeah, I suppose... But we won't get to see Flynn's plan B in action where he welds some old barrels and metal grating on his van and drives through the garage door amid a hail of bullets to deliver the Pirate Press issue of Stellar Reaches #8 to the masses :(

But you can still hum the "A-Team" theme as you read through it, if that will help ease the pain... ;)

Enjoy,
Flynn

I am so pleased to hear that you will continue your fanzine.
When will you know how much a print version will cost?
What format will it take? (ie. stapled spine, glued spine, 20-200 pages etc.)

I don't have the answer to that question at the moment. The Compilation will probably be done with the first eight issues all in one, and may be nothing more than putting all of the issues together in one PDF and submitting it for publication through Lulu. If I can open all the files together and do it more tastefully, then I will definitely try.

I'll probably have more information on the compilation in March or April. I'm inclined to go softcover, black and white, and perfect bound. For a quick estimate of pages for a page count, add up the page count from each issue. I imagine it will be more than 200 pages, when done. 200 pages in black and white would cost $8.53, to give you an idea of the price range. (To calculate, figure $4.53 base cost, plus $0.02 per page. That's the print cost, which is what I will charge so that no money is made on this.)

I could release a color version, but that sets the printer cost significantly higher. However, if people want it, it won't hurt my feelings at all to make it available. 200 pages in color would cost $34.53, to give you an idea of the price range. (To calculate, figure $4.53 base cost, plus $0.15 per page. That's the print cost, and it doesn't matter how many pages need color and how many do not. The charge is per page.)

I hope that helps.

With Regards,
Flynn

Good news and congrats Flynn! :)

As has been said, this also gives the Traveller publishers a look see at the talent available... ;)

Back