• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Timeline: Hivers

M

Malenfant

This thread is for posting dates taken from that relate to the Hiver presence in the Spica Subsector. We can then use this as a reference.

Obviously there aren't many dates directly relevant to Spica in canon, but there are many that can be derived from canon (e.g. during the Long Night, we can probably assume that that Spica would be suffering too
). So I'm guessing that most of the dates listed here will probably be derived from canon.

If there are any directly relevant dates that are explicitly stated in canon, please highlight them in bold and state the sources.

If you want to add dates for events of your own design that aren't mentioned in canon (e.g. date that a pocket empire is formed in Spica) then please indicate that it is original material by putting [NEW] in brackets at the end of your entry.

Don't worry about the order of the dates that you post. I'll collect them all into a single post and list them in chronological order.

Please discuss any entries in a separate thread (eg the Sector History thread, or make a new one) - we just want final timeline entries in this thread!

-2204 Map of the Terran Confederation shows Hivers to be in Spica close to current border (CT AM 6 Solomani)

-1802 First contact between humans and Hivers (MT IE etc.)

490 Hive capital moved to Glea (CT AM7 etc, this places the Hive capital further from the K'kree and closer to the Solomani border)

I've only really got the GT corebook handy for timelines (the following dates are from there), so I hope these are all valid... I'm kinda breaking my own rules here, but these are important landmark dates to provide some context for everything else.

I just downloaded the Aliens of the Rim book (gawd bless DTRPG
) so I have that to refer to here too, but it's mostly the same as the GT AR3 book. References from there are cited as (AotR)

-4212 Hivers develop standard jump drive.
-3986 Hiver/Ithklur first contact. Ithklur Manipulation begins. (AotR)
-2900 (approx) Ithklur manipulation ends. (AotR)
-2045 Hiver/K'Kree first contact.
-2029 Hiver/K'Kree war begins.
-2023 Hive Federation established.
-2018 Hiver manipulation of K'Kree worlds begins.
-2013 Hiver/K'Kree War ends.
-1802 Hiver/Human first contact.

A couple of new entries, and entries with more details than those above.

-100000: First "true" Hiver evolves from proto-Hiver on Guaran (0827 Ricenden). Alien Module 7 - Hivers, GDW, 1986, p. 04.

-9000: First "true" manipulation on Guaran (0827 Ricenden) - M. Primus founds the first Hiver nation-state through a union of ten city-states. Alien Module 7 - Hivers, GDW, 1986, p. 08.

-6600: Hiver recorded history begins on Guaran (0827 Ricenden). Alien Module 7 - Hivers, GDW, 1986, p. 05.

-5700: Manipulations Club of Guaran (0827 Ricenden) founded. Alien Module 7 - Hivers, GDW, 1986, p. 08.

-5600: Evolutionary adaptation in Hiver on Guaran (0827 Ricenden) reactivates their smell-brain. Alien Module 7 - Hivers, GDW, 1986, p. 05.

-4698: Hivers develop inferior jump-1 drive on Guaran (0827 Ricenden), which would melt down to slag after a few uses (no more than ten). Alien Module 7 - Hivers, GDW, 1986, p. 17.

-2200: Terran colonists settle in parts of the Crucis Margin sector. Alien Module 7 - Hivers, GDW, 1986, p. 43.

-2038: Several Hiver worlds in Kaa G!'kul and K'trekreer sectors are occupied by the K'kree, who begin exterminating local carnivore populations. Alien Module 7 - Hivers, GDW, 1986, p. 17.

-2029: K'kree contact Hiver; Hiver-K'kree War breaks out when K'kree discover Hiver cultural teams aiding a world of omnivore/hunters the K'kree were planning to exterminate. Alien Module 2 - K'kree, GDW, 1984, p. 04.

-2023: K'kree slow their advance to occupy and absorb their initial conquests; Hiver found the Hive Federation and begin construction of a powerful navy and army. Alien Module 7 - Hivers, GDW, 1986, p. 17.

-2018: As the K'kree advance, the Hiver secretly manipulate four K'kree worlds in Kilong sector by introducing cultural aberrations such as meat sauces for foods and acceptance of isolation as a form of recreation. Alien Module 7 - Hivers, GDW, 1986, p. 17.

-2013: The Hiver-K'kree War ends with the withdrawal of K'kree forces to pre-war borders after the Hiver demonstrate a plan to use psycho-historical techniques to radically alter the K'kree social order. Supplement 11 - Library Data (N-Z), GDW, 1982, p. 26.
[Note: I prefer to call Hiver tactics Memetics, as well, psycho history requires strong statistical data the Hivers would have little change of acquiring in advance.]

0490: Transfer of Hive Federation capital from Guaran (0827 Ricenden) to Glea (2619 Centrax) is completed. Alien Module 7 - Hivers, GDW, 1986, p. 15.

0992: Nullian League forms in Hinterworlds sector as a trading league to support low tariffs and safe transit of trade goods in support of Hiver trade with the Imperium after the Solomani Rim War. Challenge #44, GDW, 1990, p. 36.

Back