• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TNE Only: TNE FF&S Mk I Mod page 153 Sample Standard Lasers

snrdg082102

SOC-14 1K
Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out the wavelengths of the lasers listed on TNE FF&S Mk I Mod 0 page 153. Here is what I think the wavelengths are:

TL 10: Fixed in the Ultraviolet wavelength
TL-11 & 12: Fixed in the Far Ultraviolet wavelength
TL-13, 14, & 15 150-Mj: Fixed in the Extreme X-ray wavelength
TL-13 106-Mj: Tunable Far Ultraviolet
TL-14 300-Mj: Tunable Far Ultraviolet

Can anyone verify my wavelengths?

I was always under the impression that, excepting the X-ray lasers, all the lasers were tuneable. It's not until something like TL20 that tenability reaches the X-ray range.

Hello TheDS,

I was always under the impression that, excepting the X-ray lasers, all the lasers were tuneable. It's not until something like TL20 that tenability reaches the X-ray range.

Good catch about the TL 10: Fixed in the Ultraviolet wavelength.

My understanding of the material presented in Laser Basics pages 123-124 TL 8 - 9 are fixed in wavelength, however for design simplification they are lumped in with the tunable lasers.

CLC lasers are not tunable per se, as their color depends on the chemicals used to run them. You could potentially have several different kinds of cartridges; firing a blue laser at a blue coverall would be less useful than firing a red laser at it, so carry several colors with you.

Also, lasers which use crystals (ruby lasers) would not be tunable.

But DEI lasers are supposed to be tunable, unless marked X-ray.

(Said without looking it up, because it's beddy-bye time!)

Hello TheDS

Thank you for the reply and clarification about lasers.

CLC lasers are not tunable per se, as their color depends on the chemicals used to run them. You could potentially have several different kinds of cartridges; firing a blue laser at a blue coverall would be less useful than firing a red laser at it, so carry several colors with you.

Also, lasers which use crystals (ruby lasers) would not be tunable.

But DEI lasers are supposed to be tunable, unless marked X-ray.

(Said without looking it up, because it's beddy-bye time!)

The laser overview indicates that static and chemical lasers are not tunable as you have noted, however for design simplification they are lumped with "tunable" lasers in the rules.

Back