• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TNE Sourcebook

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MJD:
The idea of a pre-release non-playtest is sort of growing on me...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can set it up similar to the T20 playtest. Let me know what you need.

Hunter

The idea of a pre-release non-playtest is sort of growing on me...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd better jump in quickly with another "Me too!" as far as getting my name on the list of non-playtesters.

------------------
Paul

Me too! My current campaign is way back in 1105, but I'd be more than willing to offer constructive comments...

WooHoo!

Oh all right then. Earth is an important world in a fairly moderate sector-sized federation of small polities. The more rabod Solomani away to Rimward don't like them very much....

You have postulated both the collapse of Regency and Reformation Coalition. What awaits in the Massilia Sector that would be able to take on the Regency or does it simply implode?

A more serious question (the above would give away too many secrets), how far forward do you plan on taking the TNE timeline? I realize your starting point is something like 1247 but what is your end point?

ps you can answer question 1, if you like...

The Reformation Coalitoin does not collapse. The Vikings leave and the RC becomes something else. The Regency, well....

The sourcebook gives the setting in 1248, on they day that the Emperor ascends the Vacant Throne. The setting becomes "live" at that point. While there are events still playing out at that point, some of which are very grand in scope, players will not be locked into an Uber-Plot, nor have their setting smashed around them in a year's time. Be ready for some surprises, though.

The sourcebook gives the setting in 1248, on they day that the Emperor ascends the Vacant Throne.(snip)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The day Avery returns from the Core?

tongue.gif

William

[This message has been edited by William (edited 06 November 2001).]

Me too on the non-playtest.
---
The sourcebook gives the setting in 1248, on they day that the Emperor ascends the Vacant Throne. The setting becomes "live" at that point. While there are events still playing out at that point, some of which are very grand in scope, players will not be locked into an Uber-Plot, nor have their setting smashed around them in a year's time. Be ready for some surprises, though.
---
Cool, but how about a loose future chronology. it might help with planning and plotting.

------------------
Ramspite--------------
Sometimes you just gotta hit the wall.

The future chronology will be loose. Like I say, there are grand events unfolding, but we will not be ramming a single plot down anyone's throat. This setting will be open for all kinds of adventuring....

I too would not mind being on the non-playtest should it eventuate. I can barely contain myself in anticipation of the eventual publication.

Ok, the sourcebook idea sounds great, but you may want to look at the BITS website to see a variant on the "no stats" idea. They've got a free pdf download that lets you process tasks in a uniform manner across CT, MT, TNE, T4, and GT.
Maybe the answer is a meta-system description using basic skill descriptions. Equipment would be harder, although a basic paragraph description would work fairly well (it's how I "borrow" from other games, anyway). Weapons could be described in their basic lethality levels, so that they could be built in their home system by gearheads who care.

Just an idea,
Joe

Looking at how BITS cover characters & equipment in their books would be a good idea. (Being a member doesn't make me at all biaised. Oh nooooo).
CT/MT/T4 all basically use the same stats and skill levels. TNE/GT can convert quite easily from those. Equipment is fairly common throughout the various editions of Traveller, so just mentioning what it's called would be enough. Ships might be fun though.

------------------
Paul

Back