• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller Fonts.

Meteoric Assault

Marquis de Sharkbait
Admin Award
I have the Vilani, Zhodani, Ship and the T5 Fonts. Are there any other ones out there? Further, Did MM or LW ever release a Font base on the old Broadsword silhouettes see attached. Are the Steve Jackson Traveller Paper around still? IMG_6911.jpeg to find the old Steve

Attached photo attributed to GDW Adventure 7 Broadsword for purposes of example

I have a font called Zurich BT which is visually identical to the text font in The Traveller Book at 8.5 point. Sometimes you'll see it as Zurich BT Roman, as well.

The Zurich font is a replica of the Univers font created by Adrian Frutiger in Zurich, Switzerland. Which is why we see a font called Zurich and another called Frutiger.

I believe Univers 55 was what was used in The Traveller Book. I think that's what was used in the small text in the image posted above.

Optima is another Traveller-like font. It's not identical, tho. Certain letters are different than what we saw in the titles in the Traveller covers. Close enough unless you're a FontGeek™ like me.

I have a font called Zurich BT which is visually identical to the text font in The Traveller Book at 8.5 point. Sometimes you'll see it as Zurich BT Roman, as well.

The Zurich font is a replica of the Univers font created by Adrian Frutiger in Zurich, Switzerland. Which is why we see a font called Zurich and another called Frutiger.

I believe Univers 55 was what was used in The Traveller Book. I think that's what was used in the small text in the image posted above.

Optima is another Traveller-like font. It's not identical, tho. Certain letters are different than what we saw in the titles in the Traveller covers. Close enough unless you're a FontGeek™ like me.
Many Thanks

IMG_6918.jpeg

Back