• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller PC/NPC Paper Miniatures

Outstanding work, almost expect to see these on some alien temple or old manuscript, very, very cool! Do you have a release plan, or is this sort of winging it for now?

What are you doing these in? Pen and Ink? Graphics Tablet?

Hivers? K'Kree?

Hivers and K'Kree most definately. I've allready got a couple drawn up. Droyne too with seperate wings - wow! 3D!. I'm looking forward to doing the Vargr too.

I'm drawing them in photoshop using a Wacom tablet. I start double size (600dpi) and use a size 10 brush set to 70% hardness for outlines and a size 5 for details.
I usually turn the pressure size and opacity on and scribble the basic outline first on a seperate layer and then on a new layer, turn the pressure outline and opacity off and draw the proper graphic.
I usually make one neutral body and then vary the arms, hence no dynamic action poses - sorry.

I don't really have a release plan. It's been mainly Aslan so far because that's what I have drawn up allready. It's relatively easy and quick to knock out a half dozen or so of one type so I'm planning on maybe a set a week, give or take, depends on wether I'm distracted by shiny things that week =)

I'll be adding them all to this thread so it's worth checking in occaisionally.
I may have to see about hosting at some point because they're quite large files and it's eating up my webspace.
I may approach Hunter to see if he'd host them here in the eLibrary but I seem to recall reading that QLI are planning a set of paper minis themselves (I may have imagined it) and so I would assume they wouldn't want free ones for download sat alongside, really.

Crow

For the marines, so far I've got:

Commander with visor up, pistol and a cutlass
Marine stood idle with PGMP shouldered(for general guarding and street scenes).
Marine with PGMP levelled (G:T p110)
Marine with laser Rifle levelled(G:T p111)
Marine with heavy weapon (rocket-launcher type doo-dad like the Aslan)
Marine with carbine levelled.

Any other suggestions?
The old lead minis pretty much had the above but also had marines kneeling, crawling and running.I don't intend including things like that. I might put in a 'dead' one for marker purposes, though.

Crow

Originally posted by Scarecrow:
Zhodani, they're the really tall psionic fellas in turbans, right?
Yes, with the distinctive split-helmet battledress/combat armor. See the classic and GURPS Alien module covers.

Regards,

Tobias

Originally posted by Tobias:
Yes, with the distinctive split-helmet battledress/combat armor. See the classic and GURPS Alien module covers.

Regards,

Tobias
No artistic license there, then.
I've actually got G:T Alien Races 1 which details the Zhodani, I can just never remember their name

So what is that suit? A vacc-suit? An armoured suit? An Armoured Vacc-Suit? A Psionic shield/booster suit? I guess I should read the book

Crow

Originally posted by Baron Saarthuran von Gushiddan:
A support weapon Team? Guy with a Battle Computer? Females?
A battlecomputer is a nice idea.
Females are a bit pointless because, well, they could easily be females under all that reflec. I'm guessing the 3I don't build boobies into their armour especially

I had a thought whilst driving home - Jet-Packs! Well, grav-belts anyway. Might be nice. I like that Bryan Gibson pic of the maroon-coloured marines drifting over a city scene. It would be cool to include a marine like that.

Crow

So what is that suit? A vacc-suit? An armoured suit? An Armoured Vacc-Suit?
Armored Vacc Suit comes close, I guess. The standard Zhodani high-tech combat armor. Their Powered Battledress would probably look similar, but a little buffed up.

Regards,

Tobias

Scarecrow: have you thought about putting them into TT scalable fonts?

If you have them in some vector format, they'd be portable into fontforge. I've not got the time, or I'd offer to do that.

Dear Folks -

Scarecrow asked:
Any other suggestions?
The old lead minis pretty much had the above but also had marines kneeling, crawling and running.I don't intend including things like that. I might put in a 'dead' one for marker purposes, though.

Crow
Hi, Wayne! The pics look great, although I'm not sure about your version of the Yurletya (Spear-Hook).

This one is a pain. My original idea with my Weapons pages was to create an MT-style Equipment Sheet for every weapon - especially the ones that our PC's owned and loved - but doco and pics for Aslan weaponry are few and far between.

Here's a link to the Alien Weapons page. Just click on the "Aslan Personal Weapons (Melee)" link (I can't put the direct link here; the UBB code doesn't like parentheses in a URL tag!!).

There is one picture of the Yurletya in Rats and Cats; would you like me to see if I can scan and send you a copy?

As for the Impy marines - or the Zhos, for that matter - I think that one figurine of kneeling-and-firing trooper won't go astray... ;)

Mesire, Baron and Aramis.

If you (or anyone else for that matter) wish to convert the miniatures to vector format and 'font' them then please feel free. This may be something I'd look at eventually but right now I'm more concerned with drawing them.

Hyphen,

Arse! Yes, the polearm I have drawn was, I thought, scattered liberally throughout G:T Alien races 2. Upon perusing said supplement, I discover that it appears in one picture only and despite there being two of them, both their bottom ends are missing. Can I assume then that there is some sort of spearhead on the other end?

If you can send me a visual of the Yurletya, it would be much appreciated and I'll revise and ammend the miniature graphics.

Cheers,

Crow

I would love to make a request!

How about a batch of mixed "Humans".

I mean... maybe 2 or 3 Solomanis in stylized militant uniform, 2 or 3 Vilanis/Imperials. I dont think this should be too hard, because Humans more or less all look the same. With very little differences in dress I suppose.

Oh... and and least ONE scantily-clad Human female wearing skimpy space-bikini and stiletto heels and armed with a huge Gauss Rifle. No Science Fiction game is complete without at least one obligatory space vixen.... LMAO

Ahhh... the chainmail vacc-suit bikini. I think my wife would divorce me.

Yeah, mixed Solomani are on the list but quite a ways down, I'm afraid as they're pretty easy to come by in various figure ranges. I want to concentrate on uniquely Traveller-centric figures first. (okay so cat-people are not uncommon but you know what I mean).

Crow

Here are the Imperial Marines:

As listed above,

One Commander with pistol and cutlass
One Heavy Weapons
One with Carbine
One with Laser Rifle
One with PGMP
One standing idle with PGMP shouldered.
One Paratrooper with Grav Pack
I hope the grav-pack is self explanatory. I plan on doing the Droyne wings the same way.

I feel like doing some Hivers or K'Kree next. Hmmm...

Anyway, more next week.

Enjoy

Crow

PS - has anyone actually tested them yet?

Scarecrow:
How are you drawing them:
Pen and Ink, then scan?
Bitmaps?
Drawing program?

Back