• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

U.S. WW 2/ Imperial Marines

Cleanup would be left for whomever repopulates them...

Would that make it easier for a corporation/other world/group to obtain a settlement charter - the requirement to clean the place up - or would the Imperium not bother with that sort of thing and just be happy that someone wanted to re-occupy the place again?

Would that make it easier for a corporation/other world/group to obtain a settlement charter - the requirement to clean the place up - or would the Imperium not bother with that sort of thing and just be happy that someone wanted to re-occupy the place again?

There are hints of that in canon already - make it habitable as part of the colonial charter - but many worlds aren't even marginally habitable, so...

Keep in mind - the Imperium is Self-Serving - it has no real need for any given world, only for the majority of worlds as a clade.

I always felt it was based on pre WWII US Marines. Shipboard Marines who provided security/mount crews/boarding troops and could form into WWI combat brigades.

WWII Marines also were ships troops, but were also formed into heavy oversized divisions and air wings.

I proposed a frame containing some TDX from JTAS 1 and some anti-grav modules to have a reusable breaching equipment, the TDX cuts 3 or 4 lines through the hull and the frame is still attached to the hull plate plug that is liberated, and maneuvers it to a safe location.

There are hints of that in canon already - make it habitable as part of the colonial charter - but many worlds aren't even marginally habitable, so...

Keep in mind - the Imperium is Self-Serving - it has no real need for any given world, only for the majority of worlds as a clade.

I wonder if that's a possible loophole that's been exploited by megacorps: organise a commercial settlement of an uninhabitable planet that doesn't require an Imperial charter, then TF it so that it's worth something. The 3I would have to be awake to something like that.

As you said, no one world is essential, but the 3I would have to ensure, through it's governors, that whole worlds didn't slip out of the Imperial basket.

I see Imperial Marine life, in the tense days before the Zhodani war, as rife with a certain amount of desperation and coercion, a job that no-one really wants to do, to be frozen, shipped across the galaxy, revived, only to be blown to bits. A last hope for some people, a nightmare for others, like the Foreign Legion.

Back