• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Using d20 Modern for T20: Powered by Spycraft

Be careful about simply adapting the T20 starship rules. Spycraft has their own effects based gear design system. Which is completely unlike the component based HG/T20 starship design system.

The effects based construction system is one the things I dislike about Spycraft and D20 Modern. While effect design sytems are quick and low math, Traveller fans prefer to have hard statistics with their designs. This is difficult to achieve with this style of design system.

Two other items in the plus column for Spycraft: The class designs are better done. They are balanced and put together using a system to ensure they work consistently. I like the Advanced classes have no prerequisites other than "be 5th level or above".

The skill system is better thought out, better balancing the difference between a skill and a use of a skill. This is another system I'm seriously thinking of stealing whole cloth for T20M.

Originally posted by mw_shipping:
I am thinking of using a PsiCorp like force within my T20 game.

Stephen
Hmmm...that would be very intersting for a different OTU. I just got the Drakh book.

Mike

One of my players is working with a partner on a take off from Spycraft involving... well, some elements from sci-fi RPG's lets just say.

Me, I've not tried the system yet, but likely will subject myself to playtesting their end result.

Spycraft 2.0 is one of my favorite books. I really desperately want to run a game with it, but I have real difficulty conceiving a campaign setting I like for it.

When running Traveller (Whether Classic, Mega, or T20), I had a great tendency to run espionage themed games... and those historically turned out pretty good.

I find some sort of marriage very intriguing.

Back