• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Using T20 with d20 Modern?

I agree totally, more would have been better.

I just wonder what other game companies are now going to do with thus basic toolkit - I'll be very surprised if there aren't more supplements on the way covering each of the basic campaign types ;)

Plus WotC could easily repackage old Alternity and Star Frontiers stuff, unless someone else has the rights to the material of course ;)

Well, of those four, two have usable experience systems, and two do not.

CT was all about doing with what you'd gotten up to entering play, and it's experience system was thus rather...stunted.

Alternity, on the other hand, allowed for progression through levels and accumulation of skill ranks in a variety of skills. Too many skills, actually, and part of a task system that make those ranks hard to get and effectively useless. A small ship's engineer (ie. a generalist) is impossible to build, as are generalists of any other sort...

D20's various incarnations, for all that the class-level mechanic is a bit clunky, are still an improvement...

Back