• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Vote for Emperor!

Who would you vote for for Emperor of the Third Imperium? (MT)

• Total voters
OK, I put in a vote for "Vland Noble," just because s/he and Lucan were the only two choices that nobody had picked yet, and I'm not prepared to be the guy who throws his support behind Caligula Junior.

Otherwise, I probably would have gone for the dog.

The Moot confirms the Emperor. Not quite the same thing.
Well, technically the Moot confirms the Imperium. It doesn't so much as say "we dig this guy" as it says "well, I guess it's all right to keep up with this whole Third Imperium thing so long as this guy's at the helm."

Time for a real man on the throne, a Solomani Noble who'll revise Imperial standards for ship design and trade cost regulation so they will actually work!
;)

Well I voted for a Solomani Noble as coming from Sol3 I'd like to see one of ours get the job...

Not really sure of the objective of the poll though?

Regards

David

During a Planet wide broadcast, the Prime Minister announced earlier today that,
"We choose to Vote for None of the Above as our ruler. Further more the people of ...."

We interrupt broadcast to inform our viewers that 3 Imperial Battleships have taken orbit around our planet. This took place 4 hours ago. The Prime Minister is reported to be in hiding.

Rumors abound around the space port that a Baron has been given grant to rule our planet.

For further information refer to vidspace at ....

(static)
In an astonishing new development, the three Imperial Battleships that have been visiting us for the past months were called away to support the Emperor in his war against the Pretender(s). A few hours later the Baron suffered a fatal accident. The new President pro tem has ordered the mothballed system monitors brought on line and is said to have dispatched envoys to the neighboring worlds to discuss future common defence against an unspecified enemy. More news at eleven.

Hans ;)

Last edited:
Well so far the Hiver plant is winning after all the real Strephon is the Hiver plant. The "Real" Strephon is actually Willy Moskowitz a Barista on Vland who looks like Strephon and had plastic surgery preformed by some of the finest Hiiver plastic surgeons.

Hmmmm, this isn't a popularity contest. Lucan was next in line so is clearly the rightful Emperor.
Clearly. As legitimate as Caligula was.

At least until he (Lucan, not Caligula) started messing with the Moot, when he lost his legitimacy.

Hans

Nip tuck

Well so far the Hiver plant is winning after all the real Strephon is the Hiver plant. The "Real" Strephon is actually Willy Moskowitz a Barista on Vland who looks like Strephon and had plastic surgery preformed by some of the finest Hiiver plastic surgeons.

When did starfish get cosmetic surgery. The real deal is on Terra and in the Confederaton.

Clearly. As legitimate as Caligula was.

At least until he (Lucan, not Caligula) started messing with the Moot, when he lost his legitimacy.

Hans

[In character]
Lost his legitimacy how?
In a time of multiple rebellions and widespread treason, the Emperor not only has the right to take whatever action necessary to deal with a potential den of traitors, it is his responsibility to.
[/In character]

And I for one support our new Hiver overlords.

Support honest government, cut out the middle-man. Don't select a human who is being controlled by the Hiver, just pick a Hiver to start with.

Dulinor! That was the most effective use of ammunition ever.

The others are maniacs, clones or wanabees. And Brzzk should be chasing a bone, not a throne!

Actually I like the way Arrival Vengeance leaves it. I voted for the "real" Strephon, but I think Norris has the best chance by aiming the Marches at a "new" Imperium and ruling "in the name and memory of the Imperium."

Me. I deserve to be the an Emperor of 11, 000 worlds.

But why vote. It's more fun to conquer it, isn't it? HaHaHaHa!

Uh-Oh, I've revealed my evil plan. Now I have to put the Beautiful Heroine in a pit full of vipers where the Intrepid Space Hero will of course never rescue her.

Pre-Civil War Cultural Solomani dominated the Imperial Court, the Celon Dynasty (and those that followed) traced their Legitimacy and Bloodlines to the Rule of Man as did most of the major Noble Houses (even those that had more Valini or Minor Human Race blood than Solomani). even in the post 1100 Moot there where supposedly a lot of Solomani Faction Nobles and a lot more fit for Solamani Party membership on their pedigree.

what's to stop Duke Saxes-Kennedy from saying "My Maternal Ancestor was Governor of what today is Core, and my Fraternal Ancestor the Commander of that same Military District back in the 2nd Imperium, By this Hereditary Authority I Claim the Throne, My first official act is to announce a Grand Tour to Sol to Negotiate the intergeneration of the Solomani Confederation in to the Modern Imperium, My second is to launch a review in to the Noble Franchise of all Non-Cultural Solomani above the rank of Count"

Back