• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Vote for Emperor!

Who would you vote for for Emperor of the Third Imperium? (MT)

• Total voters
Dulinor - the Cromwell of the Far, Far Future...in the worst case...and in the best cast Brutus...who noble art thou...

Even now, I still favor Dulinor, although, I agree with most of my earlier critics...perhaps, it is like some would have it...better to have the SOB that is like us rather than against us. Go Rebellion!

Remain shattered and continue advancing the Hard Times timeline. As much as I like the TNE setting I think it can be pushed much further forward in future history so the Hard Times era can be explored more.

Long live the Confederation! WE should take back what is ours (Mother Terra long trampled under Imperial-Vilani alien feet)!

Remain shattered and continue advancing the Hard Times timeline. As much as I like the TNE setting I think it can be pushed much further forward in future history so the Hard Times era can be explored more.

With or without the virus?

I should have qualified my agreement with atpollard to include no Virus. The idea of the Virus totally turned me off to Traveller, the New Era. I was not a fan of the Civil War either.

Duke Craig Anton Horvath of Daibei

Duke Craig Anton Horvath of Daibei was left out of the choices from the Moot.

Duke Craig is one of the most brilliant men of the Imperium, a retired Fleet Admiral, and a leader that brings out the best in his people.
From Daibei, located centrally within the Imperium; his Imperium would be a benevolent dictatorship the likes of which had never been seen.
He would raise technology levels, maintain balance between the Navy, Army, Scouts and the civilians. All while keeping the moot and the nobility happy.

He would forge alliances with the Zhodani, Hivers, Aslan, Vargr Pirates, and others, and all would love him. Can’t you hear the crowds calling his name? Duke Craig for Emperor!

Are you after Whipsnade's "Wounded Colossus"?

"And a good daycycle to you, citizen."

I see a lack of other such as...
Duke Craig
My Little Ponies of Death from the Two Thousand Worlds

As long as Terra remains vibrant in the hands of right thinking Solomani, the rest of galaxy can burn for all I care.

Wow, from zero votes for 'remained shattered' to 10 votes in less than a week ... Aramis' post and my vote sure brought out the 'Imperium haters'. :)

Maybe they are taking the ages old advice of smugglers and black marketer's
everywhere:

"In confusion there is profit!"

In my universe Margaret Defeated Lucan's Fleet in battle and he fled into hidding. His remnant was assumed under one of his Vassals, A Baroness (based on the Baroness de Cobray from G I Joe;)) with incredible Influence. She brokers a deal with Margaret and Dulinor. Turnig over Lucan which ushers in an uneasy cease fire. The Baroness has a secret weapon, Virus. Yet she holds it in reserve. The true Strephon and Norris agree to a peace. The Impeium is thusly divided into 3 smaller Administrative "Empires" like that of the four Roman empires before Constantine I consolidation in the AD 4th century. :D

In my universe Margaret Defeated Lucan's Fleet in battle and he fled into hidding. His remnant was assumed under one of his Vassals, A Baroness (based on the Baroness de Cobray from G I Joe;)) with incredible Influence. She brokers a deal with Margaret and Dulinor. Turnig over Lucan which ushers in an uneasy cease fire. The Baroness has a secret weapon, Virus. Yet she holds it in reserve. The true Strephon and Norris agree to a peace. The Impeium is thusly divided into 3 smaller Administrative "Empires" like that of the four Roman empires before Constantine I consolidation in the AD 4th century. :D

That is an interesting scenario.

I was never a fan of the whole Rebellion/Collapse story arc (i.e. I like the nice, stable Imperium under Strephon portrayed by CT), but I have often thought that if I were going to pursue the Assassination/Rebellion story arc, I would probably do something similar to what you describe above with two or three "factions" emerging in a state of detente and/or cold war (recognizing after several years that to continue fighting would be an exercise in futility).

Lucan would have to be put down by Strephon & Margaret (or maybe even by people in his own faction, with the aid of a resurgent Moot), and if Strephon were genuine (as he is in canon) and not an imposter, he would resume the throne (and Margaret's faction would probably rejoin the reformed Imperium, as would the Domain of Antares, though perhaps with some territorial losses). Otherwise, Margaret would be the new Empress. The disposition of Norris would depend on whether or not the spacelanes were open/clear thru Corridor (i.e. he would either rejoin or be a separated, but allied region). The Domain of Vland may or may not be a problem to reintegrate, depending on how long the fighting went on, and the ability of the reformed Imperium to turn back the tide of Vargr Corairs.

Dulinor would be in a bind, but remain separate as the Domain/Federation (Principality?) of Ilelish. The Solomani would have established a new border abutting the Vegan District (having retaken Terra, et al), and Duke Craig would have some interesting decisions to make. (EDIT: I imagine he might attach himself to the Domain of Sol under Archduke Adair, considering their common interests/concerns).

Last edited:
That is an interesting scenario.

I was never a fan of the whole Rebellion/Collapse story arc (i.e. I like the nice, stable Imperium under Strephon portrayed by CT), but I have often thought that if I were going to pursue the Assassination/Rebellion story arc, I would probably do something similar to what you describe above with two or three "factions" emerging in a state of detente and/or cold war (recognizing after several years that to continue fighting would be an exercise in futility).

Lucan would have to be put down by Strephon (or maybe even by people in his own faction), and if Strephon were genuine (as he is in canon) and not an imposter, he would resume the throne (and Margaret's faction would probably rejoin the reformed Imperium, as would the Domain of Antares, though perhaps with some territorial losses). Otherwise, Margaret would be the new Empress. The disposition of Norris would depend on whether or not the spacelanes were open/clear thru Corridor (i.e. he would either rejoin or be a separated, but allied region). The Domain of Vland may or may not be a problem to reintegrate, depending on how long the fighting went on.

Dulinor would be in a bind, but remain separate as the Domain/Federation of Ilelish. The Solomani would have established a new border abutting the Vegan District (having retaken Terra, et al), and Duke Craig would have some interesting decisions to make.

This is a course very similar to the plans I have. Thank you for your comments and input.

Back