• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Welcome to the new CotI forums

I just looked at the message and the table is now rendering cleanly. Please review for more details.
Confirmed.
The only issue remaining (for that post) is that the "width on screen" for posts on the new forums is definitely "narrower" from left to right than the older forum styling, which can create differences in presentation (necessity for carriage returns) in some tables posted.

More of a nuisance than a crisis and certainly not something you would need to drop everything to work on.
So long as you get around to eventually addressing the allowed "width of posts" in desktop web browsers at some point, that's fine.

Enabling an edit button for posts though ...
Damage control is easy, sir.
Reading Klingon? Now that's hard.
Oh look, there is an edit post option now!
However, it seems that the edit button only appears on the last post in a thread, I'm not seeing it on earlier posts I've made in this thread.
Might need a little more refinement on that edit post option.

Enabling an edit button for posts though ...

Oh look, there is an edit post option now!
However, it seems that the edit button only appears on the last post in a thread, I'm not seeing it on earlier posts I've made in this thread.
Might need a little more refinement on that edit post option.
The edit post functionality is enabled only for a few minutes. Discussion is ongoing as to the correct setting of "a few".

While trying to move my ship designs to the thread for them I see the tables have not been pased to the new forum (and so are illegible, see my own signature for how they appear)

There doesn't seem to be a multi-quote capability. Probably can fake it by just copy-pasting and adding the poster's name if needed.

Testing code for strikethrough for my own personal amusement.

Edit: Testing code for spoiler for the same reason.
test

Edit:
Both work. Not sure I'll be able to recover the mouseover text code since I always just copy-pasted it in from other posts that used it. Oh well.

There doesn't seem to be a multi-quote capability. Probably can fake it by just copy-pasting and adding the poster's name if needed.

Testing code for strikethrough for my own personal amusement.

Edit: Testing code for spoiler for the same reason.
test

Edit:
Both work. Not sure I'll be able to recover the mouseover text code since I always just copy-pasted it in from other posts that used it. Oh well.
One other thing: Is there a way to present a text-plus-code post editor in place of the WYSIWYG one?

Still looking around. Trying out my avatar and signature line.

Did the Imperial Art Gallery get moved too? I haven't found it yet - but still looking.

Thank you! I like it so far (aside from the bright white background, which I understand is a default that may change in the future). I am glad to finally find the "https://" prefix on the URL and Likes! Blessed be the Engineers who labor behind the scenes!

A passing Hiver manipulated me the right way to go, and here I am. Should be interesting learning my way around the New CotI. I feel like a Imperium Human trying to figure out the controls on the bridge of a Hiver Trade Ship.

Thanks to everyone who worked on the move. It's now time for me to learn my around the slightly different format of CotI.

I will also say that viewing and working the site from my phone is a real joy. Menu's are easy, and everything looks big and easy to read. Rather than having to adjust the size every time.

One other thing: Is there a way to present a text-plus-code post editor in place of the WYSIWYG one?
1633395245740.png
On the left side of the edit window the three dots, click on that then click on the brackets. This puts the editor into the text + codes mode. So you can see the codes, and type them as needed. I don't think there is an option to leave that on by default though.

Back